k20z1

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
logandzwon

k20z1

Post by logandzwon »

I have a k20z1. I put it into an EP3. When I bought my k-pro dealer said I should be fine without the harness for the 05, so I didn't get it. Now, the car will not start and I get a bunch of DTC including TDC sensor no responce with the k20z1's wiring harness. I swapped over to the a3 harness and the engine fired right up. However, if I use the A3 harness I have no speed sensor. Nor reverse lock-out. Can I rewire my 05 harness to work, or get some kinda of attachment to make everything work with the k20z1 harness, or do I need to take the engine out and install the older style speed sensor?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Either use the 05 harness with adapter harness or use the 02-04 harness and re-wire the speed sensor and reverse lockout. Personally I'd use the 02-04 harness.

You can't add a 02-04 speed sensor to the 05 transmission because there is no hole in the case nor drive gear on the differential. The 05 uses a countershaft driver sensor with a plug on the front of the case.
Hondata
logandzwon

Post by logandzwon »

Thank you hondata for the quick reply. I have both harnesses here in front of me and rewiring looks to be out of my leage. I have contacted my dealer and they are going try to get me the harness. Thank you again!
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Edit: The 05 harness is not a good choice. You'd end up with 2 2005 connectors (A & B) and 1 02-04 connector (E)
Hondata
logandzwon

Post by logandzwon »

I ended up getting an 04 acura rsx "clutch cover," (the bottom part of the tranny,) speed sesnor and drive gear. Then getting an 02-04 type-s engine harness. Now everything is fine. I left the 05 speed sensor there, just not plugged into anything.
Razathorn

Post by Razathorn »

What are your plans for the ep3? Are you going to do an N/A build up or are you going boost? Either way, you're going to surprise a few 06 si people once they start popping up by either keeping up or plain leaving them in the dust ;).