thesilverbullet

Post by thesilverbullet »

'24 ITR Tiger Eye coming soon...
'23 RDX SH-AWD
'07 S2K w/ JVT header, Berk 3" header back w/ TP Exhaust, AEM V3 CAI & Flashpro
'02 RSX-S w/cai/exhaust/dcrh/kpro - SOLD
k20tuRbo

Post by k20tuRbo »

No one has any ideas on the switching thing huh?
skiwithcars

Post by skiwithcars »

i am new to hondata forums but have k-pro where are the help files?
menfou

Post by menfou »

Hello,
Can you record SO2 voltage when I export Datalog to .csv ?
I have EURO ECU, and a wideband sensor on SO2, and I made a program to modify automaticaly the good table with the news values.
But I need SO2 value in my .csv file.
damonEK20

Post by damonEK20 »

I have an EK with a K20A swap (ITR tranny). What gear settings should I use for the gear based a/f and ignition compensation? I imagine the ITR settings would be the best to start with, but depending on tire size, do I need to manipulate the Final Drive value? Or is it all relative, meaning the tuned values can be found without the FD value being exact? Since any compensation values entered would be based on datalogs in that particular car, I don't really think it matters that the FD be exact. I figure someone will be asking this soon enough anyway.

Using the stock tire sizes, in the civic(HX) the wheels will spin 1.059 times faster than the RSX based on revs per second. 1.059 times the ITR FD of 4.764 gives an effective FD of 5.046. Does that make sense? Should I use the ITR gear values and set the FD to 5.046?

Thanks in advance! Damon
Razathorn

Post by Razathorn »

damonEK20 wrote:I have an EK with a K20A swap (ITR tranny). What gear settings should I use for the gear based a/f and ignition compensation? I imagine the ITR settings would be the best to start with, but depending on tire size, do I need to manipulate the Final Drive value? Or is it all relative, meaning the tuned values can be found without the FD value being exact? Since any compensation values entered would be based on datalogs in that particular car, I don't really think it matters that the FD be exact. I figure someone will be asking this soon enough anyway.

Using the stock tire sizes, in the civic(HX) the wheels will spin 1.059 times faster than the RSX based on revs per second. 1.059 times the ITR FD of 4.764 gives an effective FD of 5.046. Does that make sense? Should I use the ITR gear values and set the FD to 5.046?

Thanks in advance! Damon
I was under the impression that this was to be used *if* you experienced excessive a/f swings in different gears, not as the general case.

I see a little more "leanness" in my 2nd gear on my rsx, but not much, generally it's just a temporary part throttle thing as cams transition. I got lean cut in 2nd gear one time at part throttle, went back and checked my a/f in 3rd in the same rpm area under full load and I was indeed lean, just the spike didn't develop quite the way it did in 2nd gear.
damonEK20

Post by damonEK20 »

k20tuRbo wrote:
02SilverSiHB wrote:open kmanager

click help then contents tab
Then go to Windows and double click to open contents under it
Double click on Parameters Window.
Then scan down to Boost control and select that, it will tell you everything and even show the same pic
So for the hi low setting what do you choose? E16 power steering pressure switch? E29 service connector? always on? always off? etc...
how do you switch from low to high?
You can pick any of those for your input to switch boost levels. Always high or Always low sets it to exactly that, no switching at all. If you pick E29 in that drop-down, and E29 is grounded, then the high settings will be used.
damonEK20

Post by damonEK20 »

Razathorn wrote: I was under the impression that this was to be used *if* you experienced excessive a/f swings in different gears, not as the general case.

I see a little more "leanness" in my 2nd gear on my rsx, but not much, generally it's just a temporary part throttle thing as cams transition. I got lean cut in 2nd gear one time at part throttle, went back and checked my a/f in 3rd in the same rpm area under full load and I was indeed lean, just the spike didn't develop quite the way it did in 2nd gear.
You might be right. I must admit that I haven't tried this version yet, but I have noticed differences due to gearing, so I thought I would try understanding what it's doing before I go fooling with it.

And I look forward to trying out your new tool once I get my A/F straight! It would be awesome to have it integrated with K-manager.
Razathorn

Post by Razathorn »

damonEK20 wrote:
Razathorn wrote: I was under the impression that this was to be used *if* you experienced excessive a/f swings in different gears, not as the general case.

You might be right. I must admit that I haven't tried this version yet, but I have noticed differences due to gearing, so I thought I would try understanding what it's doing before I go fooling with it.

And I look forward to trying out your new tool once I get my A/F straight! It would be awesome to have it integrated with K-manager.
Yeah, 3rd gear is the best to tune in from what I understand. 3rd provides a pretty consistent load to give you a good picture of what the motor is going to do. 2nd is less predictable. I am under the impression that tuning a/f and removing WOT knock if encountered is best done initially in 3rd. Then once you're good, check how the other gears react with the composite map instead of them locked. I have done this and just added fuel in areas, even though it made me a bit rich in 3rd in a few places, it made me perfect in 2nd. And screw first, I can't hold first floored if I want any traction anyway ;).
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

damonEK20 wrote:Using the stock tire sizes, in the civic(HX) the wheels will spin 1.059 times faster than the RSX based on revs per second. 1.059 times the ITR FD of 4.764 gives an effective FD of 5.046. Does that make sense? Should I use the ITR gear values and set the FD to 5.046?
Wheel & tire size does not make any difference to the gear calculations as the vehicle speed is taken from the final drive. Use the ratios from the transmission without correction.
Hondata
k20tuRbo

Post by k20tuRbo »

damonEK20 wrote:
k20tuRbo wrote:
02SilverSiHB wrote:open kmanager

click help then contents tab
Then go to Windows and double click to open contents under it
Double click on Parameters Window.
Then scan down to Boost control and select that, it will tell you everything and even show the same pic
So for the hi low setting what do you choose? E16 power steering pressure switch? E29 service connector? always on? always off? etc...
how do you switch from low to high?
You can pick any of those for your input to switch boost levels. Always high or Always low sets it to exactly that, no switching at all. If you pick E29 in that drop-down, and E29 is grounded, then the high settings will be used.
so e29 is what? do I need to wire a switch?
menfou

Post by menfou »

Hello,

I use the boost control and the fixed duty cycle works fine, but I have a problem with boost by gear.

With boost by gear I always have the Minimum Duty cycle value, and in 1st,2nd,3rd,4th,5th,6th :?

Here my datalog and my .kal
http://k20a.free.fr/img/menfou/moteur/kpro/boost.zip
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

It looks like a problem with the PRA ECU code - we'll look into it.
Hondata
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

This was a problem with a PRA ECU which has been fixed. The update has the same version number (V1.2.0.8 ) so you will need to download and install over the current version.

Download
Hondata
jostrom

Post by jostrom »

How does the gear-"sensor" work. K-Manager must calculate the gear from RPM and VSS sensor signals. I have an EP3 CTR with a JDM gearbox and my datalog doesn't show the gear properly. I think this has something to with the different gearing.

How to set up the the K-Manager so that the gear will be recorded properly? I have edited the gear ratios to the parameter window, but still the gear value won't change properly in the datalog. It seems that during datalogging the K-Manager stores the gear values using default gear ratios...

Oh, and datalogging with a PRA K-Pro always shows gear to be zero.