Hondata boost control.

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
st00pid

Hondata boost control.

Post by st00pid »

I just installed a dual stage manual boost controller in our turbo RSX-S. I am planning on using the nitrous program to switch the boost control to high boost in 3rd gear. After looking at the nitrous controls, I found I have to give the ECU an arming signal. Since I am using the nitrous controls to switch the boost controller, there is really no need to "arm" the switch. If there could be a "always armed" box to check for this situation that would be great.. OR have a seperate boost control menu with MPH and TPS conditions to be met.

THANKS!!
st00pid

Post by st00pid »

Oh, and the other reason to always arm in the software is to save that input for something else if necessary.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Update KManager and you will find that both nitrous controls have an 'always on' setting.
Hondata
st00pid

Post by st00pid »

How about the max load.. it wont let me set it higher than 178.. I get high boost for a split second before the ECU shuts off the output.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The 178 Kpa maximum was fixed in the lastest version of KManager (unless you are running the stock MAP sensor, in which case it will only read to 178 Kpa)
Hondata
st00pid

Post by st00pid »

I must commend you guys on updating the software. Everytime I think I have found an issue you guys make a new release. Very nice! Thanks for the system and excellent support!!

Back to the car I was working on.. We retuned everything and got the power up to 404whp and 310tq on 93 octane and stock motor. We set the low boost on the TurboSmart Dual stage manual boost controller to 9psi which was the highest we could go before we lost traction in first gear. After a few passes on the street we found a sweet spot to make the switch to high boost (15psi) and get traction is 2nd gear. The car is amazingly fast and accellerates from a dead stop with no tire spin with a 3600rpm launch limiter. The hondata nitrous controls work great for making the switch to high boost!

Thanks again!