KManager V1-2-0-3

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
Hondata
Site Admin

KManager V1-2-0-3

Post by Hondata »

Read this first.

Changes for V1.2.0.3
? Added minimum and maximum short term fuel trim settings.
? Split the 'Show Boost Tables' option into two options (for stock and 3 bar MAP sensors)
? Double clicking in the sensor window brings up the Sensor Setup window.
? Expanded the minimum o2 sensor lambda from 11.48:1 to 10.70:1
? Added second nitrous output

The minimum and maximum short term fuel trim settings are to limit the stock closed loop fuel trim. The stock limits are very high, and it seems that it should not be necessary to have more than 10-15% short term fuel trim unless something is wrong.

The 'show boost tables' was split to make the laptop screen a little easier when tuning a boost car on a stock MAP sensor.

The sensor setup change was made for convienience.

The stock o2 sensor (for wideband models) will read (in theory) down to 10.70:1 A/F. The stock behavior is to limit this to 11.5:1, which is slightly too high for some boosted applications.

The second nitrous output is the biggest change. The possible inputs for each nitrous output have been expanded, and altered to a drop down list.

There nitrous fuel has been changed so that there is a ramp time and decay time. The ramp time is the time it takes to reach the full fuel change, and the decay time is the time it takes to return to normal fuel. Note that the resolution of the times are 10 ms.

With nitrous a short ramp time (100 ms or less) is good, with a longer decay time (200 ms should be good). When removing fuel for water/methanol, a much longer ramp time is needed as the pump takes a little time to build pressure (500-1000 ms ramp time). The decay time for water can be short.

Negative fuel is handled differently. Rather than using -100 to tell the ECU to take out 100 units of fuel, use 100 for the fuel setting and check the 'remove fuel' box.
Last edited by Hondata on Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hondata
krystar

Post by krystar »

will have to try this out definitely.

so the o2 sensor actually reads down to 10's? the ECU just never reported it? cause we've always been under the impression that the sensor maxed out at 11.48

and if at all possible, please for the next alpha, let us change the font size and color of the display window, and make the display window less border padding so it doesn't waste as much space. thank u.
krystar

Post by krystar »

found bug already :)

can't type in a value for minimum vehicle speed in the Nitrous tab

for maximum vehicle speed, if u type in a value > 158, it subtracts 158 from the value and shows that. kinda wierd. probably shoudl just have it maxed out at 158.

since there is now remove fuel instead of negative fuel, are you planning to so the same to ignition? instead of defaulting to retard, have either retard or advance dropdown/radiobutton. it'd make for a cleaner interface if both options were the same style of control.

Fuel Enrichment [Add] [Remove] [ ] Fuel units
Ignition Timing [Advance] [Retard] [ ] Ignition degrees

for VTEC tab, min speed for vtec is in kph. since other places are both metric and american, this one coudl be too?

when kmanager is loaded, could it be possible for it to automatically make an attempt to connect to the ECU (assuming the ECU is connected). it would mean one less click that'd make some of our lives easier :)

also, it would probably be a good idea to investigate if it's possible to disable upload when car is moving. if somehow the button were accidentally clicked at 60mph, it would probably not be good.
weltall

Post by weltall »

i threw in the greddy civic si calibration and it acted funny as hell
the lambda read high as hell like a 20.5:1 alot
and while driving at parking lot speeds the car sputtered and spit black smoke out the back which would indicate feul but it was at a 20.5:1

which is crazy lean :shock:
krystar

Post by krystar »

one more thing :) the undo/redo needs to check the undo step list before trying to undo/redo. it's erroring out right now.
hardcorersxs

Post by hardcorersxs »

Other than the undo/redo function not properly working, the lamda reading down to 10.7:1 is very helpful

I've tuned my own and someone elses with this version. No major problems

Mikey
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The install file has been updated in the link at the initial post (but the file has the same version number). You'll know you have the new version because the nitrous fuel & ignition looks different.

I've fixed some of the minor bugs (nitrous minimum speed, nitrous maximum speed) and followed krystar's suggestion for the fuel/ignition add/remove/advance/retard.

What is the problem with undo/redo? I fixed a problem where you got an error if you hit redo on a new calibration.

Please keep the suggestions to the main KManager forum - just beta testing & bugs here
Hondata
tp

Post by tp »

I have been running this version now for about a week. Dual N2O is great and works fine when tested.

Only issue I have come across was today the AF went to minimum and stayed there. I tried reloading the claibration, re-booting the PC but it always did the same. Car still ran fine though. :?

Was very very hot here in the UK today though. maybe the heat screwed something. I will try again tomorrow.
tp

Post by tp »

Update for you.

I now have the dual stage system full installed and it worked ok with my test map, but I had a problem when I went to upload a new map. The output E20 went to 0 effectively grounding the valve so it operated dumping the gas.

This issue only happens when the ECU is uploading. It works fine all other times. :?

I need some time to work on it but I may change the circuit slightly to see if this overcomes the issue ie inverting the output but wired the same as the original E21 it doesnt work.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

We can't control what the ECU does while uploading (it is in limp mode) - I'll look at it though.
Hondata
tp

Post by tp »

Hondata wrote:We can't control what the ECU does while uploading (it is in limp mode) - I'll look at it though.
What I may do is simply fit a safety shutoff valve in-line and then just have to remember to operate it before uploading a new map.

Thanks for looking anyway. :wink:
SiK LiL pLaYa

Post by SiK LiL pLaYa »

Hondata, are we going to see Fuel and ignition correction based on gear on the KManager software at all? I know the S300 has this setting so am wondering when it would be incorporated into the KPRO.
MAX POWER 204.3/MAX TORQUE 154.4
1/4 = 14.496
ares650

Post by ares650 »

You guys are kicking ass with the K Pro......Keep up the great work!
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

SiK LiL pLaYa wrote:Hondata, are we going to see Fuel and ignition correction based on gear on the KManager software at all? I know the S300 has this setting so am wondering when it would be incorporated into the KPRO.
Yes, in the next two months.
Hondata
SiK LiL pLaYa

Post by SiK LiL pLaYa »

Hondata wrote:
SiK LiL pLaYa wrote:Hondata, are we going to see Fuel and ignition correction based on gear on the KManager software at all? I know the S300 has this setting so am wondering when it would be incorporated into the KPRO.
Yes, in the next two months.
Thank you much. Then I get to retune my car.
MAX POWER 204.3/MAX TORQUE 154.4
1/4 = 14.496