K-pro problems.

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
chunky

K-pro problems.

Post by chunky »

I recently helped a friend install his k-pro into his 2002 rsx type-s. I installed it, loaded up the appropriate calibration, and then we buckled up to go for a ride. Before we even got out of the driveway, the kmanager lost connection with the k-pro twice. I thought that maybe there was something wrong with my laptop, so I unplugged the cable & plugged it back in. It seemed to help. We drove to a place where we could do a datalog pull. The kmanager wouldn't stay connected to the ECU for more than 2-3 minutes at a time.

When we arrived back at his driveway, I looked underneath the dash to see if the cable was loose, I grabbed the neck of it and it seemed to move around a bit more than my own k-pro. I pulled the ecu & opened it up. To my dismay, the screw holding the daughterboard on was backed off about 1/2 way, and the board was literally flopping around inside the ecu. I thought, no biggie, I i'll just tighten the screw, and it will keep the board from coming unplugged. When we ran the car, same problem.

Now my question is, does the whole ecu need to be sent back to hondata, or can I just mail in the daughterboard to have it changed out to see if that will fix the problem?

Thanks.
You can take me out of the race, but you can't take the race out of me.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Who did you order the K-Pro from?
chunky

Post by chunky »

Rocket Motorsports.
You can take me out of the race, but you can't take the race out of me.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Can you please follow the troubleshooting guidelines at http://www.hondata.com/techkpro_troubleshooting.html

If you are still having problems, fill out the form and send the ecu back to us.