Engine shuts off after a pull

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
fulken

Re: Engine shuts off after a pull

Post by fulken »

Thank you very much for the confirmation!

I tried as attached, but it did not resolve the issue. This happens only with the high cam pull. (the low cam pull has no issue)
After the high cam pull, Kpro stays in the overrun cutoff, and INJ does not respond to TPS. Once the RPM became 0, INJ responds.
What can cause this?
Attachments
ITB 07092021a.kal
(163.16 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
07092021 engine stop1.kdl
(435.59 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
07092021 Shut off.jpg
07092021 Shut off.jpg (848.11 KiB) Viewed 751 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

I would recommend that you try the ECU on a known working vehicle and see if it works properly. If it does it sounds like either a tuning related issue or a mechanical issue.
fulken

Post by fulken »

Well, This Kpro is new. I upgraded to V4 last year, and just installed in this spring.

The low cam has no issue, so it is not a mechanical issue. If the car has mechanical issue, the INJ stops responding on both low and high cam.

I do not have other s2000 with itb to test.
Should I send back the Kpro to Hondata to check?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

It cannot be the KPro in that the KPro just programs the ECU. If verifies what code is in the ECU so if there was a problem you would get failures when uploading.

It could be the ECU; we can only determine if there is a problem with the ECU, not that the ECU operates 100% correctly as we do not have test equipment to cover every single setup along with specific sensor signals and electrical loads.

It could be something like cam/crank signal mismatch which occurs at high rpm. Again, we don't have your cam shafts so we cannot test that.

So you will need to find out via substitution what is the cause.
Hondata
brenthay

Post by brenthay »

Hondata wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:06 pm
It could be something like cam/crank signal mismatch which occurs at high rpm.
How can this be tested?
fulken

Post by fulken »

I found a solution!

It may be the wrong way, but it works for me!

1. I adjusted the low cam table up to 9000 RPM and tested. The low cam also has the same issue.
2. I also enabled a closed loop with an external wideband. No impact.
3. For "Shits and giggles" I jacked up the "overrun cutoff min rpm" to 9000 RPM,  BINGO! 
 The INJ responds back to TPS!! Actually INJ never goes to 0%. This might waste some gas, but I can live with it. Now I need to tweak the fuel table for TPS=0% and complete the tune.

The car drives smoothly, and I am skeptical about the possibility of the cam/crank signal mismatch.

The Overrun cutoff is causing an issue on my car. Is this a K-Pro Alpha-N issue? I don't know.  I still want to know what makes the INJ stop responding to the TPS. 

Thank you very much for the support!!
Cheers,
Attachments
overrun cutoff min rpm.jpg
overrun cutoff min rpm.jpg (718.84 KiB) Viewed 739 times