Another PLX Wideband to KPro V4 Install Diagram

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
carloverx

Another PLX Wideband to KPro V4 Install Diagram

Post by carloverx »

Hey all,
I know this question has been answered a few times, but I'm still not 100% confident I'm wiring my PLX wideband to my Kpro V4 correctly. Does the attached diagram accurately depict the correct setup? (NOTE, i'm not using the TX connection as depicted in this diagram from the S2000 board https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-force ... 4-1195893/)

Thanks
PLX to KPro V4 Analog Connection 2.png
PLX to KPro V4 Analog Connection 2.png (182.2 KiB) Viewed 2286 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Another PLX Wideband to KPro V4 Install Diagram

Post by Spunkster »

You have it connected to the digital connection. If you want to use the analog signal you must use the analog inputs on the other side of the K-Pro.
carloverx

Post by carloverx »

Spunkster wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:36 am You have it connected to the digital connection. If you want to use the analog signal you must use the analog inputs on the other side of the K-Pro.
Completely understood. I grabbed an existing picture on the web and didn't pay close enough attention 😓. I'll update the image.

If that were an image of the analog plug, would everything be correct? (As shown in the updated digram below)

P.s. hmm how do I edit the original post to update the corrected diagram? No edit button 🤔
plx_to_kpro_v4_analog_connection_3_0a8c2cacc8c6cf92f423fa60322f14071806698a.png
plx_to_kpro_v4_analog_connection_3_0a8c2cacc8c6cf92f423fa60322f14071806698a.png (107.72 KiB) Viewed 2273 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You must connect to the analog input you select in the calibration. You do not simply match colors.
carloverx

Post by carloverx »

My diagram may be making the situation more complicated than it needs to be. In summary,

1. I'm connecting the analog 0-5v wideband output wire (which happens to be gray) of the PLX, to the red wire (Analog 0, which I intend to calibrate for) of the Kpro.
2. I'm splicing the ground wire (which is black) that runs from the Analog output of the PLX to the PLX gauge, and connecting it to the kpro Analog ground. Sound correct?

On a side note, I asked the same question on honda tech forum and am getting a very different answer https://honda-tech.com/forums/engine-ma ... m-3355828/

That said, this may all be new to me, but I have gathered enough from these forums to know to listen to you, lol. Thank you very much for your assistance here and on historic thread. 👍
fonzeka

Post by fonzeka »

It looks correct to me but you shouldn't need to connect the analog input ground.
The input board is sensitive so it can probably be destroyed if the ECU ground is lifted or have a bad connection.
I'm using a PLX wideband as well but I have it connected via the digital interface, well analog is connected as well but just for comparison.
carloverx

Post by carloverx »

fonzeka wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:42 am It looks correct to me but you shouldn't need to connect the analog input ground.
The input board is sensitive so it can probably be destroyed if the ECU ground is lifted or have a bad connection.
I'm using a PLX wideband as well but I have it connected via the digital interface, well analog is connected as well but just for comparison.
Thanks fonzeka, I appreciate it. I think what's messing me up here is that the Kpro Help wideband page states "If the wideband has an analog ground, then this should be connected to the KPro-III analog ground (marked GND on the board; black wires in the connector)." Meanwhile I now see others including yourself stating I should NOT be using the PLX ground. Here's a thread I found this afternoon with Spunkster saying the same (viewtopic.php?f=12&t=21547&p=98936&hili ... und#p98936)

So I guess I have my answer... Just run the wideband signal from the PLX to the Kpro and ignore the analog ground output on the PLX

Thanks!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You may not need the ground if it reads correctly without it.
fonzeka

Post by fonzeka »

I don't even think there is a separate analog ground output on the PLX.
The output for the DM6 gauge that you used in your drawing is very low voltage (not 12V) if I remember correctly and that ground should probably not be used for anything else.