Trying to get External Wideband values to match in KManager

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
ventodave

Trying to get External Wideband values to match in KManager

Post by ventodave »

So, I have had great success using the PLX wideband with s300 on D14 and wanted to try it on my boosted K20Z1 with KPro v4. I assigned Analog 0 input to Wideband - PLX SM-AFR and then switched to External Wideband and Analog0 in the pulldown menu on the Closed Loop tab. I am able to datalog and see the value on the Display screen, but I cannot get the values to match from the Kmanager screen to the PLX readout gauge. I tried using a Voltage offset like in the s300 but the scaling is all off. I know that KManager states that "If you need to enter a non-zero offset, then your analog ground is incorrect" but I don't think the PLX has that. I did make sure that the Wideband controller has a solid chassis ground and is less than 1ohm resistance to the negative terminal on the battery. I can get the crusing AFRs to read matching stoich in KManager but under boost, the logs show 10:1 AFR (0v) when the gauge reads 11.8-12:1. I'm also tempted to run both a factory wideband for cruising/light load tuning and then the PLX for boost values only.

I also experimented with an AEM 30-4110 and got the same results, so it has to be something with the Kpro/Kmanager

Any help is appreciated.
Attachments
Analog0.PNG
Analog0.PNG (81.73 KiB) Viewed 947 times
External Wideband.PNG
External Wideband.PNG (59.75 KiB) Viewed 947 times
fonzeka

Re: Trying to get External Wideband values to match in KManager

Post by fonzeka »

You could always use the digital input instead (TTL serial input).
No more problems with voltage offset and if you ad more PLX sensors there is no added wiring needed.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Trying to get External Wideband values to match in KManager

Post by Spunkster »

Where do you have the power and ground connected for the wideband?