Constant VSS even at stop; Speed reads wrong. [Ap1/K24]

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
falken12

Constant VSS even at stop; Speed reads wrong. [Ap1/K24]

Post by falken12 »

Hey guys, I'm new to the Hondata community and also ECUs in general.

I recently bout a Kswapped S2k; [2003 AP1, K24a2, AP1 Trans, Kpro]

Bought it with some electrical hiccups; I recently connected the ECU to KManager and I see that the VSS reads the car is always on 49MPH regardless of actual speed and even dead stop. The Speedo is reading a much lower speed [1/2 of what Waze is giving me]. Tach doesn't read at the dash but reads on KManager. Oil is not reading also. Before I buy/shell out a new harness or dash, does anyone have any solution/input to solve this?

Thanks guys.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Constant VSS even at stop; Speed reads wrong. [Ap1/K24]

Post by Spunkster »

There is a option in Misc for a constant VSS speed output, but if there is not a VSS sensor then you will not be able to get a VSS speed. The other issues do not sound like they are ECU related.
falken12

Post by falken12 »

Spunkster wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:57 am There is a option in Misc for a constant VSS speed output, but if there is not a VSS sensor then you will not be able to get a VSS speed. The other issues do not sound like they are ECU related.
Thank you for the reply. I included other issues b/c perhaps some of them could be connected.

😬
fonzeka

Post by fonzeka »

With oil temp you mean the stock coolant temp on the dash?
If it's a standard PRB ecu for a k-series car I don't think that will work with the dash, at least not the temp gauge.
There is a special extra circuit board on the S2000 specific kpro.