Ignition cut input

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
mikehhhhhhh

Ignition cut input

Post by mikehhhhhhh »

I have an external closed-loop gearbox ECU.

I need to cut ignition for shifting and have no desire to use the built-in flatshift functionality.

This gearbox ecu has a couple of options for ignition cut - either a 5v feed pulled to ground for the duration of ignition cut, or a direct ignition coil cut.

It seems to me that asking the ECU to cut the ignition seems like the safest, cleanest option but is there an input I can use to cut the ignition for as long as the input is grounded (I believe the flatshift input is a fixed duration?).

Or will any ignition cut functionality act the same as simply cutting the power to the coils anyway?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Ignition cut input

Post by Spunkster »

Have you read the info in the help file for this?

http://www.hondata.com/help/kmanager/se ... =shift+cut
mikehhhhhhh

Post by mikehhhhhhh »

I have, but they do not answer my question, hence posting here.

I need a reduction in torque for as long as I pull an input, because I’m looking for a closed loop solution - ie. my flatshift Ecu requests a torque reduction until it knows the next gear has been selected.

The documentation suggests that the input is momentary and from there only a fixed delay is possible.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

That is how it works.
mikehhhhhhh

Post by mikehhhhhhh »

Sure and I fully understand that the fixed delay strategy doesn’t do what I want.

My question was whether there are any other inputs that can achieve what I’m looking for ie. a ignition or fuel cut, or any means or cutting torque for an arbitrary amount of time.

I can’t be the only one that’s wanted this, it seems like closed loop is the only real safe way to run a manually activated sequential.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

I'm sorry but there is not an option like this.
mikehhhhhhh

Post by mikehhhhhhh »

I've just been browsing through KManager to see if there may be something that can help me, as just cutting the power to ignition coils doesn't seem to be meeting my requirements, and I'm apprehensive to change ECUs for just this feature.

Is there any reason why I couldn't wire my cut output (pulled ground when off, pulled to 5v when on) into once of the GND=off clutch switch inputs and use the full throttle shift feature to achieve what I want?

Have I understood the feature correctly, in that it'll set a rev limit for as long as that input is activated?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You can try it and see.
Paulwalsh2252900

Post by Paulwalsh2252900 »

Hi did you have any luck with this method?