EG/K24 "Ignition Off"

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
Dublocivic

EG/K24 "Ignition Off"

Post by Dublocivic »

Hey all,

Currently I am in the process of getting my EG/K24 started and have run into an issue with power to the ECU/Fuel Pump.

A little background of things I have checked so far:

I have tested the main relay, tried a second new relay and both are good. I get a click from the main relay when key position is turned to position III. I have also checked continuity on the 5 and 7 pin connectors (key in, pos 1, pos 2, pos 3) used to ensure that the ignition switch is still good. All continuity checks were successful with the ignition. I have also double checked all of my grounds (all are fresh bare metal), I am using the firewall side of the valve cover (one of the valve cover bolts that holds the top timing chain tensioner down) for the engine harness ground. Engine harness is a Ktuned tucked harness and has been previously tested as good by Ktuned. Timing chain ground goes to the negative battery terminal, transmission ground is a case bolt directly to the chassis. The conversion harness to chassis harness is also Ktuned and is installed per the instructions. I have double checked all of the connections for the conversion harness which are correct. I have updated the USB drivers for the Kpro V4 and I am getting a flashing red LED indicating that the Kpro is "communicating properly" per the Kpro help. With the key set to position II, I get "ignition off" in the Kmanager. I have attempted to reinstall the USB drivers and the Kmanager provides a Driver Update window "Error updating USB driver (Error:)". I have also tested the USB and receive the error "No compatible USB devices have been found. Suggestions: Check to see if ECU is plugged in. Try a different USB port. Try re-installing USB drivers (from Help Menu)." Im not sure if this these errors are because of no ECU power or something else is going on. Currently, I am unable to upload a calibration and have no fuel pump prime. I am guessing that the ECU switches the factory relay on for the fuel pump which is not occurring. I have tested the fuel pump and it works. (New walboro 450 wired to a relay using 10 awg, and wired correctly).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I am at a loss for ideas to try. Thanks!!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: EG/K24 "Ignition Off"

Post by Spunkster »

If it has been wired incorrectly then you may have damaged the ECU. You need to try the ECU on a known working vehicle first and see if it is working properly. If it does work as it should , then you need to correct the wiring faults in your vehicle.
Dublocivic

Post by Dublocivic »

Thanks for the info.. I don't believe the ECU is damaged, as I don't believe it has seen any power applied to it yet. Once I have power to A2 and A3 it should work, if not then I would venture to guess there is something wrong with the ECU (I purchased it new through a Hondata Dealer).

I am going to trace A2 and A3 back through the new engine harness and conversion harness for continuity, both are new from K-tuned so I wouldn't think they are faulty. Never hurts to eliminate as much as possible though. Everything has been wired up per conversion harness instructions, I have triple checked and followed the procedures to install/power up/the Kpro per the Kpro help and Hondata instructional videos. I will check these wires and see where or why they are not receiving 12v as they should. Once I have power hopefully the ecu will power up and allow me to upload a calibration. Unfortunately I do not have another Honda vehicle or access to one to try the ecu in.

The engine harness uses a valve cover stud under the coil pack cover. This should be sufficient to complete the ECU ground correct?

I know the wiring hasn't been hacked up, I bought it stock with 10K miles on it in 1995 =-) and it has sat in the garage for the past 15 years.

Ill let you know what I find.... Thanks!
k20a2DC2

Post by k20a2DC2 »

No old post but did you ever find out the issue u had with no power and fuel pump not priming or turning on..

I'm in same situation I parked my car last year for winter everything was good tried to start to night ignition only no pump priming or power to ECU kpro wasn't even lighting up and all I did was in hook battery for winter and re charge out of car night before and connect back to terminals.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Spunkster wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:34 am If it has been wired incorrectly then you may have damaged the ECU. You need to try the ECU on a known working vehicle first and see if it is working properly. If it does work as it should , then you need to correct the wiring faults in your vehicle.