Kmanager On line Ignition Off

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
AresGR

Kmanager On line Ignition Off

Post by AresGR »

Hello together! My name is Ares and im from Germany. I got a huge problem since last sommer 2017! My car wont start, here are the following Informations.

- what vehicle you have?
i got a Civic 2001 Hatchback ( EJ 9 with K20a2 swap )

- serial number of your K-Pro
My serial Number is 05009879

- version of software being used (from Help, About)
i Use the Version 4.3.5.0

- ECU part number (starts with 37820) and serial number (the number under the part number)
The ECU part number is 37820-PRA-E13 // 344994-4907

- KManager version (not 'the latest')
Version 4.3.5.0

- the calibration (as an attachment)
dont have any calibrations yet ready

- a datalog of a problem (as an attachment)
dont have any problems with datalog

- anything about the car which has been modified from stock which may affect the ECU (don't include what sort of rims you have nor stereo etc).
The car was swapped with the k20a2 from a UK EP3 Civic.

- when and where you got the K-Pro?
I got the K-pro from my friend with the swap together.

- a specific description of the problem
The car was a stock Civic Hatchback 2001 Model. it was swapped by me and a friend with a k20a2. We used K-tuned Harness for 99-00 Civics. The Car was swapped fine, and we got the car started! After we swapped the battery into the car (interior) and wanted to start, the car only cranks and dont get fuel. So, we dont hear any fuel pump prime and the CEL Light not showing up.. We checked the fuses and found 2 times a blown 7.5 amp Backup fuse under the hood fuse box. We replaced it but without luck. The engine grounds are fine, the battery is fine too. We found out, that the K-Pro had two fried fuses inside and a fried capacitator ( i hope its correctly written ) So the K-Pro was repaired by an electrical Friend. Today i tested the K-Pro and put the connectors in. After i put the whole connectors in, i dont have seen any green light. Then i put the usb cable into my laptop and the green led shows up. I open the Kmanager and it says "Driver installed / Online / ignition off.

Now i dont know what to do, I hope you can help me..

If you need more informations, please tell me. And sorry for my English!
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Kmanager On line Ignition Off

Post by Hondata »

Check your main relay and fuel pump relay wiring. It is common that people put +12V onto the main relay or fuel pump relay ECU outputs, which damages the ECU and/or the KPro. This seems likely in your case since it blew fuses.
Once you fix the wiring the next step is to try the ECU in a known good vehicle to see if the ECU / KPro is damaged.
Hondata
AresGR

Post by AresGR »

i will double check thos things again, but i have one question. If Kmanager says that the drivers are installed and online, can i be sure that the ecu isnt damaged? Because the ecu was already tested for few days in a EP3 civic and all works fine...
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Did the KPro work in the other vehicle?
Hondata
AresGR

Post by AresGR »

yes sir
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If this is the case then it sounds like there is a wiring problem in your vehicle that will need to be resolved. You may want to contact the company that did the wiring.
AresGR

Post by AresGR »

thanks for your reply, but i do the wiring with a friend. I need to know two things guys, i have to figure this shit out...

1. Do you got a link / graphic for the pinout from the e connector ?

2. i got a problem with my C101 connector PIN 14. I dont get power from there to the ignition. But why?
The fact is, that the PIn 14 from c101 connector is like dead.... i dont understand why :/

I really hope you can help me out.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

http://www.hondata.com/help/kmanager/ecuconnectors.htm

We really can't help with wiring related issues like this as we do not do custom wiring or do installs in cars. You will have to look at the factory service manual to get more specific details on where wires go and what they do in the rest of the vehicle.
AresGR

Post by AresGR »

Hello guys, i have a update!

Car was running last week, it was a wiring issue and my friend fixed it. Car and the fuel pump worked and started fine..

Last day i have put alle together and wanted to start and i didnt hear any fuel pump again.... But the CEL goes on and then off, all lights go on and then i checked my kpro. I put the usb to the laptop and i saw that my ecu works normally. Ignition is ON and online. I can upload a map and so on.. But somehow the car wont start...

Maybe you know what i have to check? Fuses are all good, but maybe i need to upload my map and then try again? Hmm i hope you can help me.

Thanks
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

IS it cranking and not starting, or not cranking at all?
AresGR

Post by AresGR »

It is cranking but dont fire up , cel goes on amd then after 2 seconds off. Kmanager say ign on and online, evu is connected and i can upload a map.

Maybe i did smth wrong when uploading and the car dkes not start.. I have unplug all the things before , maybe i have to upload a map and then the car can start?

Now im on holidays but i need a solution to fix this problem.

Thanks you guys
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Do you have the immobilizer disabled?
AresGR

Post by AresGR »

Hi spunkter , i will try it after my holidays.. Thanks for the fast reply.

Im very new in this kpro stuff and reading much about this. Should i clear security first? My problem is the steps to upload a map to start the car, i know that i have to be careful with the steps.

Can you or anybody else tell me the steps from start till end how to upload right?

Many thanks
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Just open the calibration you want to use, make needed changes an then with the ignition on engine not running, upload to the ECU.
AresGR

Post by AresGR »

i fixed the problem, it was a wire that was not located for the fuel pump.. now its okay!

I got one Error Code

P01298 ELD High Voltage. My question is, can i disable this on kmanager ? Is this okay or do i have problems with performance and so on?

I dont know why i have this error :(

Maybe anyone can help me here?