Need advice for first crank after engine rebuild

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
olivenoire

Need advice for first crank after engine rebuild

Post by olivenoire »

Hello

I'm near to finish the rebuild of my engine. I will have to start it before tuning it because the car is underground on a parking
I previously used to tune my car no problem at all, I own my previous maps and even some base map.

But I've change the turbo (to a problem) and injectors (850 -> 1000cc)

What is the best thing I have to do to stay at at 14:1 AFR :
- Only change injectors size?
- Trim fuel for exemple 10%?
- Remove advance
- No boost
- Open or closed loop? (If closed loop, may I put 14:1 instead of 14,7 at idle)

Previsouly I use to own a external waste gate and 3 port solenoid. Now I'm using EFR with internal WG. Any advice welcome too

TY mate
Ep3 eudm
K20a turbo
Kpro v4
The unwanted AEM 30.4100 WB AFR
olivenoire

Re: Need advice for first crank after engine rebuild

Post by olivenoire »

Nobody to give a little tip?
Ep3 eudm
K20a turbo
Kpro v4
The unwanted AEM 30.4100 WB AFR
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Need advice for first crank after engine rebuild

Post by Hondata »

Make sure you have a wideband. Use a starting calibration and compensate for the injector size & deadtimes. Don't adjust the ignition timing. What I do is wire the wastegate open so that the engine makes very little boost until it is on the dyno.

When you first start it you want to first make sure you have good oil pressure and no leaks. The second thing you want to do is check that the lambda is good. Aim for lambda 1.0 once warmed, so closed loop.

Assuming you have replaced piston rings, then the next step depends on how you are going to tune the vehicle. If you are going to drive it before the dyno then don't let the engine idle for long after it has warmed up, drive it and try to get a good amount of miles in one session at reasonably high load. A long freeway trip is best for this. If driving to the dyno then the same advice except you can break it in on the dyno. You may need to stop and re-tune the fuel tables if they are too far out for closed loop.
Hondata