General Output based on MAP with ITBs

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
Piv

General Output based on MAP with ITBs

Post by Piv »

Hello,

I may be wrong but I remember being able to see the actual MAP even on Alpha N tables

Long story short, one of my customer has fitted ITBs and also a vac pump for the brake servo

We've connected the MAP sensor so it read the vacuum inside the box for the brake servo but we need to switch the vac pump on and off based on the vacuum pressure inside the box

I was thinking of using the Nitrous output based on MAP but with Alpha I can't seem to be able to have a reading for the MAP sensor

Any idea or any other way you could think of that would work? Would be nice to be able to have an ouput based on an Analog input

Thanks,

Rom
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: General Output based on MAP with ITBs

Post by Spunkster »

That will not work as the MAP needs to be wired to the ECU and be reading the vacuum pressure form a vacuum accumulator pulling vacuum form the ITB's.
Piv

Re: General Output based on MAP with ITBs

Post by Piv »

Thanks for the quick reply
Why would this not work? I know I had issue previously on ITBs car where the car would cut randomly the fuel for no apparent reason and connected the map sensor actually solved the issue
I've also had the map sensor with vacuum and without vacuum as well as just having the map sensor signal pin actually T'd in to the TPS signal the very first time I've mapped ITBs on Kpro as I didn't have a map sensor to hand and that did the trick too, all of them made the car worked correctly in Alpha N

The MAP sensor is rescaled based on TPS position so it seems

The Map sensor is connected to the ECU on the right pin but we can't see the actual live value relevant to whatever vac the vac pump is pulling