kpro stuck @ extremly lean

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
luis.galindo

kpro stuck @ extremly lean

Post by luis.galindo »

hi my name is Luis
im having a issue where my kpro is reading extremely lean in closed loop 27:1 to 30:1 range. my short term fuel trim is pegged at 46% trying to compensate and I can smell fuel coming out the exhaust so I know its not lean.
I have checked and replaced all intake manifold gaskets,exhaust gasket is new and not leaking and the header is new I've checked everything that would point to a lean condition just to rule it out. 02 sensor is a brand new denso sensor that I purchased cause I thought my wideband sensor was bad at first cause it was reading lean. the car is in fact running lean and if I try to make any changes to the fuel maps nothing changes. I've gone as far as adding 50% more fuel and I get no response.
if I switch to open loop the afr sit at 22:1 still will not react to changes made To maps.
ive uploaded multiple k24 kal files with same outcome
uploaded a older version of k manager and still does the same.
At this point im hoping its a ecu issue or kpro getting tired of replacing stuff with no change in outcome. thanks In advance for your help and if there's anymore info you need I can get it for you.

setup is:
STOCK 06 k24a2 in a 92 civic
stock Intake manifold stock injectors ktuned header 3" exhaust
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: kpro stuck @ extremly lean

Post by Spunkster »

You need to post the calibration you are using and a datalog showing the issue.
luis.galindo

Post by luis.galindo »

will get one uploaded after 5. I have a buddy with anther prb ecu with kpro coming over aswell going to try his ecu see if it fixes anything.
if this turns out to be a defective unit is there a way to get it repaired?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If it is a problem with the ECU, it cannot be repaired. The ECU would have to be replaced.
luis.galindo

Post by luis.galindo »

update: had my buddy come over with kpro and was doing the same thing got to tracing wires for oxygen sensor and the wires for the primary were reversed. all is well and working. ty
13btoy

Post by 13btoy »

Bringing this back from the dead. I have the same exact problem with mine. Which wires were reversed that causes this issue?
Thanks, Ed
luis.galindo

Post by luis.galindo »

The wires on the primary oxygen sensor were reversed . You have 2 ground wires and 2 signal wires. I reversed them and all was well. I haven’t had a Honda In years hope this helps.