nitrous settings for shift light

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
Ahofnar

nitrous settings for shift light

Post by Ahofnar »

I know the topic has been brought up before, but I can't find a solid answer.

I'm trying to hook up a two wire shift light with nitrous controls, but it wont cooperate. I have one wire up to a12v source and the other is on pin e21. I cut the e21 wire so its pinned directly to the light, but it wont play. When I ground the e21 wire the lightworks as advertised, but it stays on. Kpro shows nitrous controls working at the values I set, so what else do I need to do? I do have a 12v auto relay, but I couldn't get it to work so I took it off. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: nitrous settings for shift light

Post by Spunkster »

Post your calibration.
Ahofnar

Post by Ahofnar »

Thanks for the reply, Spunkster. Once I get home I will do just that.
Ahofnar

Post by Ahofnar »

Here is the kal, as requested. I am using a PRB ecu and i am on 3.2.5 software. This is just my temporary tune until i get dyno time this Saturday, but I would like to have this gremlin sorted before then. Thanks for your help!
Attachments
k24 test tune.kal
(149.88 KiB) Downloaded 156 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You have it set to come on between 1500 and 3000 RPM. Do you still have E21 connected to the original wiring?
Ahofnar

Post by Ahofnar »

I have it set low so I could verify that the light was working. I do not have e21 attached to the harness anymore. It goes straight from e1 to the light, currently. I have tried it while it was still attached (tapped) and had the same results.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Have you read what others have done at http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=370043
Ahofnar

Post by Ahofnar »

I do appreciate you trying to help me out with this, Spunkster. I sure did, but I would really prefer to use a dedicated light that will actually catch my eye. I tried their method with my light, but failed horribly. I even failed at using a potentiometer on the rpm output wire. It ended up just cutting power to my dash tachometer at my specified ohms. I was really hoping someone on this forum has done what I am trying to do. Does anyone have any advice on how to use e21 ecu wire in conjunction with an auto relay?

Just a thought: Can the rpm signal wire support a power output? Will my light work if I use the potentiometer (set to 5.56k ohms/ 7k rpm) on the power line (rpm signal) and just ground the other wire?
Last edited by Ahofnar on Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You might have more luck finding someone that has done this on ClubRSX.
Ahofnar

Post by Ahofnar »

I haven't bothered asking the question anywhere else yet... been too busy at work. I'm going to figure this gremlin out, damnit. For any of you that care, ill post up the result when I get it working.
monchiy2k

Post by monchiy2k »

i do mine.....
here is the settings
Attachments
shift ligth.png
shift ligth.png (140.43 KiB) Viewed 3882 times
gotslicks

Post by gotslicks »

I have my shift light on my nitrous control currently. It works great. My question is can I set up 3 different shift light settings using the 3 nitrous controls on the same shift light. I want to have 3 different light rpm to shift under the curve.