Imobilizer and ecu swapping

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
silum

Imobilizer and ecu swapping

Post by silum »

If I get the K-pro with a new ECU (the $1595 option) will the imobilizer still work? Can I then freely swap out the two and still have the imobilizer working?
Hondata Stage 4BD
USDM 1995 Civic Si (EH)
D16Z6, 1.6L SOHC VTEC
Apex-i BB AX Turbo w/ GT I/C & AVC-R II
440cc RC Injectors
Walbro 255LPH HP Pump
B&M Command-Flo
Jun UltraLW Flywheel
ACT Clutch
Quaife LSD
SRP Pistons (Stock C/R)
Crower Rods
sprinto7

Re: Imobilizer and ecu swapping

Post by sprinto7 »

silum wrote:If I get the K-pro with a new ECU (the $1595 option) will the imobilizer still work? Can I then freely swap out the two and still have the imobilizer working?
With the K Pro you can turn the immobilizer off or on. So if nothing else you could install the K Pro with immobilizer off, and use your original with the with it on.
You could install the K Pro, go the the dealer and have them authorize your old key to the new ECU. (I think that is all true)
I have a race only car and took all the engine and wiring to my Honda dealer in the back of a pick up where they authorized my new key to my old junk yard ECU. They did call Honda and verify my salvaged title VIN.
Del Long
Hondata
Site Admin

New ECU and immobilizer

Post by Hondata »

To enable the immobilizer you would have to visit your Acura dealer and get the ECU matched to your vehicle. Otherwise you would have to disable the immobilizer in the KManager software.
Hondata