K-Pro O2 Heater Problem on PRA ECU

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
marklamond

K-Pro O2 Heater Problem on PRA ECU

Post by marklamond »

Hi there,

I am having some problems with the O2 heater drive on a 38720-PRA-E11 ECU, fitted with K-Pro.

The Secondary O2 is disabled.

The Primary O2 Sensor is connected up as follows:

What should happen is as follows:
1) IGN is turned on.
2) Pin E8 pulled to ground, O2 heater relay engaged. +12v applied to O2 heater and Pin A22.
3) Pin A1 pulled to ground, O2 starts heating.
4) When O2 has heated up, pin A1 is modulated as required to maintain temp in heater.

The problems all relate to the fact that the O2 relay drive (pin E8) is not being pulled to ground to actuate the heater relay.

If you link pin A22 to A2 to provide +12v to the heater relay directly (as advised by Hondata), you get another O2 heater error after the O2 has warmed up.

The ECU & engine was taken from a UK CTR with the O2 wired in this configuration. It was sent to Hondata to have the K-Pro fitted, and on return the O2 output is not working.

Full details of exact error codes, and K-Pro revision to follow shortly - waiting on the owner sending them up.

Thanks,
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: K-Pro O2 Heater Problem on PRA ECU

Post by Spunkster »

A PRA ECU cannot run a AF sensor. The AF sensor can only be used in a PRB, PRC, PRD or PND ECU.
robctr.

Post by robctr. »

hi I have this same problem. so dose that mean you go into k manger - parameters - closed loop and disable closed loop or others ?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

More than likely you are trying to run a PRB calibration in a PRA ECU.
Hondata
marklamond

Post by marklamond »

I totally forgot about this, makes sense!

The owner was fidding around with it a lot, i bet that's what has happened. Never did follow it up as i was being expected to spend hours on it for free, and my good nature was being somewhat exploited. :)
robctr.

Post by robctr. »

got mine sorted this evening. went into the pre-set hondata pra map (rolling road tune)

clicked use secondary 02 sensor for closed loop operation and upload the map code gone eml off :)
Hoffy

Post by Hoffy »

robctr. wrote:got mine sorted this evening. went into the pre-set hondata pra map (rolling road tune)

clicked use secondary 02 sensor for closed loop operation and upload the map code gone eml off :)
Sweet,
I have the same problem.
Ill try this out this afternoon.
Is the O2 heater function functional by you guys?
When I enable it i get a heater circuit malfunction error,

Mitch
[B]I live my life 1 quarter-mile at a time[/B]

[URL="http://www.ek9.org/forum/members-rides/46155-hoffyss-edm-ek3-ukdm-k20a2-swap.html"]Soon ROTREX UKDM K20A2 powered EDM EK3 XD[/URL]
Hoffy

Post by Hoffy »

Hoffy wrote:
robctr. wrote:got mine sorted this evening. went into the pre-set hondata pra map (rolling road tune)

Sweet,
I have the same problem.
Ill try this out this afternoon.
Is the O2 heater function functional by you guys?
When I enabled it I get a heater circuit malfunction error,

Mitch
Hi Guys,

The problem is fixed by "use secondary 02 sensor for closed loop operation".

Can anyone explain to me why this is so and what is happening exactly?
Because nothing is connected my the 2ndary O2 sensor plug and if I enable the O2 heater I still get a heater circuit malfunction.
Thanks,

Mitch
[B]I live my life 1 quarter-mile at a time[/B]

[URL="http://www.ek9.org/forum/members-rides/46155-hoffyss-edm-ek3-ukdm-k20a2-swap.html"]Soon ROTREX UKDM K20A2 powered EDM EK3 XD[/URL]