New to Kpro and need some help

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
KnightX

New to Kpro and need some help

Post by KnightX »

hey guys.. i just finished with the swap on the car and started playing wit Kpro...

im running into a little problem... it is a K20Z1 into an eg with ktune jumper harness to be able to run kpro... my speedo works on the cluster but on the laptop it shows im at 0 speed and that im always in 1 gear.. after driving for about 10min i got an engine light coming on, lucky i had my laptop on and i was doing a datalog at the time so it got everything! code come on for P0500 VSS.. is there something i need to turn on or off? cuz my cluster works wit the speedo but on my (i guess) ecu is not reading it?

i guess this is y it also effcts my launch control.. cause if i set it to 5000rpm.... once i started drivin the car it wont let me rev pass 5000rpm.. (cause i guess the car is not getting a reading of my speed so it thinks im at idle and im trying to launch my car?)

some help would be great guys, thanks!
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

How have the speed sensor been connected to the ECU? Have you swapped to the low frequency speed sensor? See http://www.hondata.com/techk20transmissions.html
Hondata
KnightX

Post by KnightX »

thank you for that info!

i think i know what the mistake is but i will try it out tonight and find out

Im using the Z1 trans in my car and harness but have the jumper harness to use an A2 Kpro... i did use kmanagement and changed the trans to the 05RSX-S setting... maybe thats where the problem is?

i will go home tonight and switch the trans back into teh A2 trans setting and change the gear setting back to the Z1....

OR should i not even waste my time with that?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The problem is probably the harness you have and the fact the ECU has not been modified for an 05-06 RSX. You should contact whoever you got the harness from for support.
KnightX

Post by KnightX »

^ but aint that wut the Kturn jumper harness is for? it converts to the Z1 harness into the A2 end tails so it could plug into the A2 Kpro?
(not tryin to sound like an ass or anything but im just new to this and i wanna know more about this setup)
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

K20Z1 transmission = high frequency sensor
K20A2 ECU = low frequency input

I do not think that your harness is converting from the high to low speed sensor signal. Read the swap transmission page again http://www.hondata.com/techk20transmissions.html
Hondata
KnightX

Post by KnightX »

ok so i used another map from this site that i downloaded and now eveyrthing works... i guess the maps i had on had sumkinda settin fuked up....

i guess i need to start date loggin.... should i do it wit closed or open loop?
chikilinjdm

Re: New to Kpro and need some help

Post by chikilinjdm »

What did you modify in order to fix it, i have the same issue on a civic 94 hatchback with k20z1 motor and k20z3 transmision, i installed the k-tuned vss convertor and the odometer works but hondata still without speed signal.