Dual K-pro for TSX, when available again ?

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
Zoro2006

Dual K-pro for TSX, when available again ?

Post by Zoro2006 »

When dual K-pro would be available again for Acura TSX ?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Unknown
Zoro2006

Post by Zoro2006 »

Spunkster wrote:Unknown
even if I had K-proed PRB ECU + TSX ECU you couldn't help me ? One good solution and not available :(((((((
locash

Post by locash »

That was the question I meant to ask today..
Locash Racing, LLC
Hondata Sales and Tuning
Dynapack 4000 2wd Dyno
In-Shop CNC Machining and Product Manufacturing
mkulak

Post by mkulak »

I'd be very curious to know this also. I was about to buy a TSX but want to be able to Turbo/K-Pro the car.

Now I'm leaning to the RSX instead...
mucter

Post by mucter »

I'll bet they're planning to come out with FlashPro to replace the TSX KPro at some point...
kitbkk

Post by kitbkk »

I would like to know if it will be back to available again?
Zoro2006

Post by Zoro2006 »

mucter wrote:I'll bet they're planning to come out with FlashPro to replace the TSX KPro at some point...
it's possible if they used Civic Si ECU as secondary ;)
chemik

Post by chemik »

I love how they dont even post a reason. I called and asked about it but got rude service in return. You would figure someone whos dropped over $3000 in 3 different KPRO purchases would be worth good customer service....

Im currently running KPRO in my Accord with a dual harness and external Check engine light that will be ran into the position of the original CEL location.

Im curious as to why they took it off the market as well . Accord and TSX are very similiar and only issue I had with my harness was a VTC - wire issue that I addressed and the base idle with AC on.

I have my idle at 1100 and IACV valve setting at 75% . No issues anymore. look up CHAM on the Accord forums. Maybe he can make a harness for TSX guys.
2003 Accord K24a4 - TSX 6 SPD - 4.7 FD - Greddy Turbo - 550cc - KPRO
mkulak

Post by mkulak »

I'm curious what they did to the Krpo when they sold the dual harness setup... They mention that they modified the Kpro to work and that it would be irreversible so if could not be used in an RSX again.

I have a TSX which is begging for a Kpro and I have access to a KPRO but can't modify it as it is used on another car also.
This is from the Hondata website
Can I send a used K-Pro

Yes. Any 02-04 K-Pro is suitable for K-Pro dual ECU operation providing the unit works perfectly. (After conversion to dual ECU operation the K-Pro cannot be converted back for single ECU operation.)
[/quote]
rocketep3

Seems to me,

Post by rocketep3 »

an RSX harness could be used. It would just be a matter of converting all the sensors to RSX type(if they're not the same already), then plug in an RSX harness and ECU. I haven't really looked at the components for both motors, but it would be surprising if this couldn't be done fairly easily, probably pretty cheaply too. :)
mkulak

Post by mkulak »

Yeah, but you would not have your gauge cluster or AC and I need them.. I don't care about VCS but the other two are important.
rocketep3

Post by rocketep3 »

I guess the RSX or ep3 is the way to go, if the tsx reflash isn't enough for you.
chemik

Post by chemik »

well Im running an EP3 KPRO ecu. Nothing special was setup on it and I can take it and plug it up to an EP3.My stock ecu is untouched. Runs fine. Minus the CEL on my cluster which I will "fix" by covering with electrical tape and placing the Kpro ECU CEL LED in place of. Obd2 port reads fine.

Im currently 11psi on a Greddy kit. Heres a vid to my dyno run at 9psi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO2pRLvx67E

Heres my kpro install thread

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2800166
2003 Accord K24a4 - TSX 6 SPD - 4.7 FD - Greddy Turbo - 550cc - KPRO
mkulak

Post by mkulak »

I think Hondata modifies the Kpro to get around the VTC+ and VTC- wire issue you had. They also make sure that no CELs are triggered.

I posted a few questions for you in your H-T thread.. Couple of wiring harness questions. I've been drawing out a TSX Dual ECU harness but have a couple of questions I am pondering..

I think it is do-able, + I would rather note have a modified KPro as I would like to be able to use my KPro in a track car I am building also.

My eyes are sore from looking at TSX, RSX and According Pinouts and wiring diagrams..