Upload failed, erase failed... kpro help ?

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
kpro_kidd

Upload failed, erase failed... kpro help ?

Post by kpro_kidd »

Hey guys, turbo install is done, everything is ready and equipped. I plugged my ferrite usb cable into the kpro and into my laptop, loaded the map in kmanager and then pressed CRT U...my car made a noise, the kmanager showed a loading bar but nothing loaded and it said UPLOAD FAILED. I then tried erasing the ecu and it said erase failed. We were able to turn the car on with the previous map on the kpro but turned it off do to it running rich.

I was told maybe the map i have that was made for me was made in a older version then my 1.4 version of kmanager ?
I hope its nothing serious, PLEASE help.

car: 2002 acura rsx type s
kpro_kidd

Post by kpro_kidd »

bump
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

From Help, about, what is the version of software you are currently using?
scttydb411

Post by scttydb411 »

if your version is newer than the original map it's not a prob (it'll update w/ your version)...it can be a problem if your version is older than the map. I think it'll warn you both ways. you always want to have the closest to up to date version as you can if possible.

it's been a while since i've come across an issue like this, but is there a clear security option or is that the erase feature? i've had similar issue w/ kmanager and smanager before and that's what fixed it.
HONDATA DEALER/TUNING IN ATLANTA!!
DIGITALBOXTUNING
678-614-3596
kpro_kidd

Post by kpro_kidd »

I am using version 1.4 of kmanager. I contacted my tuner and he said he created my .kal on version 1.4 and on a 32 bit operating system via xp. I have a 32 bit operating system on my laptop via vista. So the software is all the same and up to date. The erase ecu function is the clear security. I tried to first upload my .kal and it says upload failed, and yes the key was on II position. I then read online I should try to erase ecu (clear security) and it said clear security failed. When I do try to upload my .kal, the ecu does make a noise that it is trying to do so, but nothing happens just the error message upload failed. I know it cant be anything wrong with the ecu because we turned on the car with the previous .kal that was on my kpro and i know the previous owner had a same setup so thats why we went and did that, it was running rich, we put it in datalog mode and revved the car a bit and it was reading the number, we did not record but simply shut the car off because it was running rich. Some say the usb is touching the ecu case and therefore grounding, some say i have to open loop, or disable multiplexer, this is very frustrating because my cars been at the shop for over a month.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

What is the battery voltage measured at the ECU?
kpro_kidd

Post by kpro_kidd »

How do i get the battery voltage reading. I hope this isnt serious :(
I was told it could be the usb grounding to the kpro casing, software which i dont believe so, i was told to disable multiplexer because maybe the vin isnt matching the transponder which i havent yet, i was told to set the kalibration to open loop which i havent yet. When trying to upload turn all electronics off which i have (radio). Was also told to apply electical tape to the ecu usb port ? Erasing ecu would help most likely but what sucks is i get that error as well when trying to do that. I hope its either the cable grounding out to the ecu and it wasnt insulated propetly or battery voltage was to low, and if thats the case what should i do with the battery?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

USe a multimeter at the actual battery and check the voltage.
kpro_kidd

Post by kpro_kidd »

serial number is 4266
voltage is 13.1
charged battery all night and nothing happened, same upload failed
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Please contact Wangs Auto (on our dealer list) as they installed this and we have seen problems with thier installs in the past. It may just be a soldering issue.