Hondata (mac) Boost Solenoid Problem kpro

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
sq_creations

Hondata (mac) Boost Solenoid Problem kpro

Post by sq_creations »

I tuned a 05 rsx with a kpro last week. The only issue was, I couldn't get the hondata boost solenoid to work. I had switched 12v to one wire and b21 to the other. The vacuum lines are aranged so the compressor goes to the side port of the wastegate and is tee to port 1. Then port 2 goes to the top of the external gate. 3 is vented. If I pulled the fuse the car will hit 7psi all day. I set boost cut to 13psi. With the fuse in to the boost controller I would hit boost cut every time. I tired 15% normally open and normally closed then 1% the same way. I adjusted the threshold down to 1% also. I have used these solenoids successfully on s300 and would start seeing increase in boost around 30%. My goal on the kpro was only 10psi.
Attachments
JRturboRSX05-750-3bar.kal
Currently boost disabled but it was enable for testing
(49.52 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
JRdyno005.kdl
Fuse in 15% duty normally open (straight to boost cut)
(67.75 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
JRdyno007-333.kdl
Fuse out - clean pull.
(203.27 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The Hondata solenoid is a normally closed solenoid, so that may be why it is not working with the settings in your calibration. The datalog showing random 16% duty cycle doe snot appear to have bosot control turned on as it is occuring under vacuum and not boost conditions. Try changing the conditions to activate the solenoid only above 3 or 4 psi of pressure.
sq_creations

spunkster

Post by sq_creations »

Thank you for your reply. I have the activation set to 80kpa on that run. atmosphere at our altitude is 85 kpa. I had dictated 15% and it logged 16% on that run. I'll see if changing the solenoid ports to normally closed make a difference.
sq_creations

Re: spunkster

Post by sq_creations »

I don't get it but it worked. I switched port 2 to port 3 and now 2 has the vent. kpro to 0 = max boost. It worked like a charm. Sure glad there is a good boost cut in case it ever fails.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Normally closed is the safest way to run a boost control solenoid. This will allow it to run off the waste gate if there is a failure.