K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
rbarbera75

car starts hen dies

Post by rbarbera75 »

- KManager version 1.4, also tried 1.3.7 and 1.3.5.4
- 02 RSX-S K20A2
- K20A2 ECU with k-pro
- Full Race Turbo Kit, to many mods to list but its basically a race car
- Problem. Last summer I was getting a P0341 Error. The error code came on at the drag strip during a run, the car died half way down the track and then would not start. My shop look at it and followed the RSX manual and checked all sensors, timming chain, & vtc gear. We still couldn't start the car. The winter came and I had them put in new piston rings, headgasket, hybrid timing chain tensioner, new timing chain, ferrea roller rockers, and brian crower vtec killer cams.

Tonight we tried to start the car. It starts then dies after 5 secs. This is odd because nothing was broken last summer and it didn't start then so why would it start now? All we did was upgrade some parts.

The other odd thing was in k-pro we saw the CAM toggle between 0 degrees and 107 degrees at the same time the CAMCMD always stayed at 0. It shouldn't have stayed at 0 because in the map based on load and rpm you can see that it should be something other than 0.

I am left to think that either k-pro or the ecu is fried? Does anybody have any suggestions as the whats going on with my car?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Try the ECU in a known good vehicle.
cukali

Post by cukali »

If your Hen dies when you start your car I think its your driving.

:shock:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Mods, dont ban me please!