Marven

KPro strange issues

Post by Marven »

Hi I have a EG with K20 turbo and have some strange problems with my kpro

Serial no of K-Pro: 49305
Software: 4.0.8.0
ECU part number.37820-PRA-E12
KManager version 4.0.8

Im using analog port to innovate lambda and digital port to flexfuelsensor, everthing working good.

I have owned this kpro for around 2 years and has been working flawless. Since 2 weeks ago it started acting weird, it started when I wanted to make some adjustments on my tune, the Kmanager program crashed when I tried to connect to my computer with the USB cord. Bluetooth has always been working great.
I reinstalled Kmanager and the problem solved.
Now I went to tune it with turbo and it went smooth and everything was fine.
After the tune I wanted to test drive but the car is giving me check engine light. The car starts but runs very rough, very lean. We try to connect the USB cord but there is no signal to the ECU.
I shut the car off, connect the USB cord again and now it connects to the computer, we start the car, it runs perfect. After a testdrive everything seems fine, bluetooth working and everything normal.
I shut the car off and next day I wanted to drive it is the same problem as I described but now its worse, the laptop keeps crashing when trying to connect, it connects then disconnects while car is on idle.
Right now the car cant start and run correct without me plugging in the USB cord first. If you start it without the cord there is a check engine light.

I have several ground points on the engine and always have, 4 points from the engine to different spots, twin cables from the battery forward.
I have driven the car maybe 4000miles with 0 issues before.
Someone please help me in the right direction to solve this problem

regards
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: KPro strange issues

Post by Spunkster »

Are you using resistor or non-resistor type Spark plugs?
Marven

Post by Marven »

Ngk bkr9eix
Resistor plugs
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It sounds like you may have an issue with the grounds in the vehicle and it is grounding through the USB port. You should try the ECU in a known working vehicle and see if it works as it should, if it does you will need to correct the wiring issue in your vehicle.
Marven

Post by Marven »

I only have a rsx to test it on. It runs a PRB ecu. Would that work?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You should be able to test on that.
Marven

Post by Marven »

Found the problem. Flex fuel sensor was wired incorrect. + and signal was switched. Strange thing is that it worked to read value on K pro when tuning 🤔 will test more tomorrow but the k pro starts on ignition again as it should
Marven

Post by Marven »

Marven wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:58 pm
Last post was not correct. When I switched the wires I got a trouble code P0176 and that indicates flex fuel sensor.

Flex fuel sensor is making the kpro not to start. If I disconnect it the kpro starts up or I feed it with USB power. 🤔
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It sounds like the ECU is not grounded properly and it grounding through the sensor or the USB, and this will damage it. You need to correct this issue.