KPro with AIM MxM

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
kylesgill

KPro with AIM MxM

Post by kylesgill »

Hello,

I have upgraded the datalogger in my race car from the MyChron5 XG to AIM MxM. I am running a KPro1 and RS232 feed. The AIM is powered and working except it is not recognizing the RS232 feed. I know the signal is getting to the MxM (I've reconnected the old MyChron and used the RS232 feed directly from the MxM harness and it works just fine).

Obviously since the feed is getting to the MxM so it isnt a Kpro issue but casting a net here in case anyone has any ideas...

Thanks
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: KPro with AIM MxM

Post by Spunkster »

Do you have the AiM KPro converter (part number X05EFIHKPRO)?
kylesgill

Post by kylesgill »

Yes, I do thanks.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You may need to contact AIM for assistance with this since another device is working as it should.
kylesgill

Post by kylesgill »

Thank you, I agree; just thought I'd ask in case anyone here had seen this issue before. Appreciate the quick answer.
kylesgill

Post by kylesgill »

Spunkster wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:34 am You may need to contact AIM for assistance with this since another device is working as it should.
Hello, I'm still working with AIM to get the MxM working but couple of questions to confirm on Krpo.

1. AIM claims to no longer need the KPro converter for the newer products like MxM, is that your understanding as well?
2. Is Connector A Pin24 simply a ground? The return path for the RX232 signal is through the vehicle ground?
3. Their advice is to connect TX to TX and RX to RX but it still does not work
4. Just to confirm, Connector A Pin24 on the Kpro is the 3rd pin from left at bottom looking at the back of the ECU correct? Brown cable with green or blue stripe?
5. Is there something else I am missing?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The converter is not needed if you are using a K-Pro version 4.

The ECU only transmits, it does not receive.

The ECU pinout can be seen in the help file: http://www.hondata.com/help/kmanager/ecuconnectors.htm