05-06 RSX-S vs. 06 Si reflashes w/ regards to Race Headers

Questions / support for the K-Series ECU re-flash
Dc5 zot zot

05-06 RSX-S vs. 06 Si reflashes w/ regards to Race Headers

Post by Dc5 zot zot »

First of all, sorry for making ANOTHER topic on the 2005 reflash with a race header.

But after going through the topics about the 2005 RSX reflash and the 06 Si reflash, I'm still a little confused.

*assuming a race header was tried when tuning the original calibration, and found to be lean*

So the K20Z3 reflash is unaffected by a Race Header, whereas the K20Z1 of the RSX is?

Also, in the thread, http://www.hondata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9320 ,
it's said that "Adding a race header to the reflash will make it run lean. It won't be any leaner than stock, but it still will be lean."

So when you say 2005+ RSX-S run lean with a RH, do you mean lean vs. optimum but still safe, or do you mean lean to the point where knocking could be an issue compared to running a Race Header on the stock calibration?

What exactly causes the lean issue with the 2005/2006? is it that with a race header, the engine flows too much air for the injectors or is it some sort of tuning issue or what? would a race header with a cat welded in solve the AF issue? (for example, the Vibrant Race Header with inegrated high-flow catalytic converter)

Finally, would the addition of a Race header even make any more power over the stock header, or has the reflash already pushed the fuel system to the maximum power it can make with the stock fuel system?

thanks for any help or light you could shed on the issue.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

We can not tell you your AF if you add a race header, other than it will be lean. The only way to find out is with a dyno, or by using the KPro so that you can tune the fuel.

The Civic Si uses an air flow meter to determine fuel, so will compensate for a race header.
Hondata
Dc5 zot zot

Post by Dc5 zot zot »

but would it cause it to lean to the point of knocking or just leaner than optimal? would it be leaner than a race header on the stock calibration? I'm guessing you tested a race header when the original calibration was tuned, so I was just curious what happened during that test
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

It is not possible to tell you what AF it will run without dynoing the vehicle. If we could tell you, we would. The reflash has no less fuel than stock, so it will not be any worse than a stock ECU.
Hondata
Dc5 zot zot

Post by Dc5 zot zot »

ahh I see okay
Thanks for the help!

now to decide between K-Pro or a reflash in the near future lol