comptech stage2/3

Questions / support for the K-Series ECU re-flash
vtecmike1

comptech stage2/3

Post by vtecmike1 »

i must say i'm impressed with your ability to create a reflash that tunes itself based on the boost it sees. my questions is. how is that possible? is this something already inherent in the k20z3's ecu? is the z3 ecu able to have more changed with reflashes then lets say the rsx? seems like you guys are able to tune more and more with just flashes then you used to. its pretty amazing. or do the new ecu's just flash easier or something?
in any case i can't wait till comptech gives the go ahead so i can order this. i'm very impressed with your work guys. i'll still more then likely switch to the fully tunable ems when it becomes available but this new flash is going to be a great alternative to those of us wanting more power while we wait for you to finish the ems your working on.

thanks so much..

Mike.
Hondata1
Site Admin

Post by Hondata1 »

The tuning principles are similar for RSX-S. The ECU reads the air pressure in the intake manifold. As the pressure rises the ignition is retarded and the fueling increased.
Last edited by Hondata1 on Fri May 22, 2009 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vtecmike1

Post by vtecmike1 »

sounds awesome... i'm surely gonna upgrade my comptech sc fg2 the second CT lets me buy it lol... if you need another guy for testing the fully tunable ems system on the fg2 lemme know i live like 25 min from seans dyno and have used him exclusivly since 2003. i'd be more then happy to let you guys use my car for free if you need.

Mike.
vtecmike1

Post by vtecmike1 »

hey guys. i saw the update and see that the reflash is soon to be released.

i had one question though. is the new fuel cut at 8500 or 8600. i know it says 8500rpm rev limit on the reflash specs but i could have sworn i saw higher rpm on the test cars. i thought they were hitting 8600 on the dyno.

or did you guys drop it down slightly for final release?
thanks again... Mike.

oh mines paid for btw lol i got this the second the presale went up. i can't WAIT. nothin runs the car smoother then hondata.. its just like a stock car
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

A stock tach is not accurate to 300 rpm, let alone 100 rpm.
Hondata
vtecmike1

Post by vtecmike1 »

oh i know the tachs arent acurate.. what i meant was on some of the test car dynos the dyno showed max rpm at 8600 for some of the boost specs.. and 8530 for hp. so i was just wondering what the actual fuel cut is gonna be set at. like maybe it might have been a typo.. 8500 is fine with me i just wanted to be clear :)