08 civic si reflash

Questions / support for the K-Series ECU re-flash
Sanmiglite

08 civic si reflash

Post by Sanmiglite »

Just got my reflash from church automotive last friday (thanks church automotive). I have aem cai, tbs, tbg, img, strup header, hks sport catback, crank pulley. What i noticed was its seems the car is slower. Before the reflash the car would accelerate faster from 4.5 all the wAy to 8k. Now, it takes a while and i would really have to floor the gas. With all my bolt ons, would the ecu have to relearn everything? Coz i remember when i installed my pulley, header, intake, it took a week before i felt the difference. Thanks.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You really need to put it on the dyno to see the actual hp change. Because the vtec point has been lowered you may not feel that distinct change in power you used to.
Sanmiglite

Post by Sanmiglite »

Spunkster tnx for the reply. Im definitely going to the dyno. Good thing i dynoed my car before the reflash.

Another ? : i was thinking of sending my cylinder head to portflow. Would this have a neg effect coz i have a reflash? Tnx.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You probably won't see any gains from haveng the head ported with stock cams and no way of tuing the ecu.
Sanmiglite

Post by Sanmiglite »

Spunkster,

here are results of my dyno. before and after reflash
Attachments
Dyno before reflash
Dyno before reflash
Before Reflash.JPG (214.31 KiB) Viewed 3024 times
after reflash
after reflash
After Reflash.JPG (203.29 KiB) Viewed 3024 times
Sanmiglite

Post by Sanmiglite »

let me know what you think? are the gains really minimal at peak rpm? thanks for your input
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The dyno result is almost identical to what we found in testing:

(see http://www.hondata.com/reflash_06_civicsi.html)

Hondata
Hondata1
Site Admin

Post by Hondata1 »

Yes. This is exactly what we say on the reflash page: "Power is gained in the midrange from 4700rpm to 6300 rpm. Power gains above 6500 rpm are negligible, although the higher rev limit will raise average power a little."
Sanmiglite

Post by Sanmiglite »

Hello,

If i were to use the 06 tsx cams, would the reflash work? Ive heard ppl using tsx cams on the z3. Thanks.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

This is not tested, and is not recommended as the tuning for other cams will be different than the stock cams.