06+ Civic Si Hondata reflash upgrade

Questions / support for the K-Series ECU re-flash
k20z3 koop

06+ Civic Si Hondata reflash upgrade

Post by k20z3 koop »

Hello,
I currently have an 07 Si with the N/A reflash. I'm looking at picking up a Comptech SC in the near future and I'd hate to pay for the reflash twice.

I've seen the following on the reflash page(http://hondata.com/reflash_06_civicsi.html):

What if if I later want to upgrade to forced induction?

If Hondata has an reflash upgrade specific to a forced induction kit, there will be a $200 upgrade plus shipping and handling.

________

Would there be a way to work out a deal (i.e. take the $400 off) since the Comptech SC price includes the SC reflash?

Thank you very much in advance!
k20z3 koop

Post by k20z3 koop »

The response to this I think would be very useful info to a lot of Civic owners.

It looks like a similar question was asked in the past but never really answered: http://hondata.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6519.

I look forward to your response Hondata :D

I hope you say what I want to hear :wink:
2007 Honda Civic Si
k20z3 koop

Post by k20z3 koop »

Anyone? 8)
2007 Honda Civic Si
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

There is no discount since the ECU reflash for the Comptech supercharger is included with the kit.
k20z3 koop

Post by k20z3 koop »

Ahh, I see. That's disappointing and slightly misleading. Probably wouldn't hurt to note that on the reflash page then. Since it says 'IF Hondata has a reflash specific to a forced induction kit there will be a discount'. Technically the comptech reflash is a hondata reflash specific to a FI kit.
2007 Honda Civic Si
k20z3 koop

Post by k20z3 koop »

What if I spoke with my Comptech dealer and had them exclude the reflash from the price or I bought a used kit. Could I then send my ECU to you guys at the discounted price?
2007 Honda Civic Si
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

There is no upgrade pricing for this reflash. It is $595. All kits comptech sells include the reflash.
k20z3 koop

Post by k20z3 koop »

I don't mean to be a PITA but that doesn't make sense.

If I buy a used kit without the ECU, I'm forced to pay another 600 bucks when it clearly states on the website that upgrades will have a discount.

What about the Comptech reflash is $400 more than some other, newly developed FI reflash? I would venture to say that it would be more logical to charge full price for a newly developed reflash, rather than one that's been around for a while and likely paid for itself.

I hate to sound cynical and I mean no offense, but you're not making it easy to be a loyal customer.
2007 Honda Civic Si
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

This is not a Hondata reflash, this is a reflash availalble only through Comptech.
k20z3 koop

Post by k20z3 koop »

Now I'm confused. It was my understanding was that you guys reflashed the ECU and Comptech simply provided a box to ship it in.

You're saying Comptech wrote the software and programs the ECUs?
2007 Honda Civic Si
boca

Post by boca »

these ppl are not very helful^
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

http://www.hondata.com/reflash.html

Do you see a Comptech supercharger reflash listed anywhere on that link?
Do you see any forced induction reflashes for the 06-08 Civic SI?

This reflash is only offered through Comptech.
k20z3 koop

Post by k20z3 koop »

I don't understand what I did to necessitate sarcasm. I ask you questions, you don't answer them, and I patiently reword them for you.

I simply cannot to understand why you refuse to help me out. I'm trying to be a loyal customer and it seems like you don't want my business. I've been using your products for years and you're making me question those decisions.

You would happily take another $600 of my hard earned money for the reflash. However, when I ask for a break (which meets the qualifications of your advertisement), you tell me it's only offered through Comptech.

Thank you for your time and I apologize for apparently wasting it.

This is a great read:
http://www.amazon.com/Raving-Fans-Revol ... 758&sr=8-1
2007 Honda Civic Si