VTC 45 degree + 68mm IM/TB on TSX Reflash?? Too Lean?

Questions / support for the K-Series ECU re-flash
chuson

VTC 45 degree + 68mm IM/TB on TSX Reflash?? Too Lean?

Post by chuson »

Hi Hondata,

I've 2 questions regarding on the reflash. I've a 05 5AT TSX and I have already obtained a 04 5AT TSX, and will be ready to reflash shortly. Currently my car has the following:

Injen CAI/ DC Sport Header (not race)/ High-flow Cat/ Pulleys/ Greddy SP2 exhaust.

When I'm ready to put on the reflash ECU, I will also have the following:

Maxbored 06 TSX TB (68mm)/ Port Match IM/ TB Spacer (1inch) + Gasket/ IM Gasket/ Velocity Stack + 6" Intake filter add to the CAI.

Now, with the additional mod, there will be more air sucking into the engine. Will my car be running too lean by then?? Or there will only be minimal changes?

Also from your quote...
25 degrees of cam movement is fine for a stock TSX engine but completely inadequate for modified engine with as little as race headers and intake. A stock engine needs no more than 20 degrees of cam moment on the high cam. A well modified setup needs no less than 25 degrees on the high cam

I wonder if I change my VTC to 40 or 45 degrees with stock cams, will I see benefits with the Hondata Reflash along w/ my mods? Or it's useless unless there's K-Pro to tune??

Thanks
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The throttle body will make no difference to the tuning - the flow of a system is determined by the greatest restriction, which is not the throttle body with the TSX intake manifold.

The CAI does make a difference as it alters the intake pulse effect, but the reflash was made with a CAI in mind.

The reflash does not advance past 25 degrees, so you won't see any changes by changing the intake cam gear.
Hondata
chuson

Post by chuson »

Thanks for your quick reply Hondata.

I would like to know IF, the Hondata reflash does advance VTC to 45degree, will it benefit the car with stock cam?

Is 25degree the best out of the TSX cam, any higher degree will see negative return?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The reflash does not and cannot advance the cam past 25 degrees no mater what cam gear you use.
chuson

Post by chuson »

Spunkster wrote:The reflash does not and cannot advance the cam past 25 degrees no mater what cam gear you use.
Does that means even I have my VTC change to 25+ degree, with a reflash program that can advance the cam past 25+ degree, it still won't work?

So I'm guessing this is the OEM ECU restriction, and the reflash just can not over-ride it? Or the current reflash does not integrated such function?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

We do not have a reflash which advances past 25 degrees.
Hondata
chuson

Post by chuson »

thanks for your quick reply.

Will you consider a reflash w/ advance cam angle in the future? I saw the 06 Si Reflash does incl. advance cam angle.

Will Hondata consider different options of reflash for TSX? Or the demand is not there to support?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It's not possible withthe TSX ECU. There will never be a reflash that goes beyond 25 degrees. Case closed.
chuson

Post by chuson »

Thanks.