aftermarket ignition coils

Questions / support for the K-Series ECU re-flash
juniya79

aftermarket ignition coils

Post by juniya79 »

Hello, I had a question in regards to running aftermarket ignition coils on my 07 civic si. I already had my ecm reflashed thru you guys, now i was just wondering if aftermarket ignition coils(okada racing coils) would be okay to run with the reflash. Thanks in advance for your help.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

We don't change any of the ECU hardware. If the coils work with the stock ECU, they will work with the reflash. However, be very careful when considering any change to the ignition system with regard to electrical interference.
Hondata
juniya79

Post by juniya79 »

could you please elobarate more on what may cause electrical interference and what negative results may occur if any interference is experienced..thanks!
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Honda has spent a lot of time and effort making sure that the ignition system works well and does not cause any interrence to any other component in the vehicle. There is little need to change anything other than the heat range of of the plugs at high boost - the Honda coil on plug ingition system works very well.
Hondata
juniya79

Post by juniya79 »

wow! that is some very interesting and helpful info. it'll help save me from spending 700+bucks too!!!thanks again!!
wolf74

Post by wolf74 »

take that 700 bucks and upgrade to a k-pro
your car will run much better