2005 Honda Civic TypeR (EP3) from Romania

Questions / support for the K-Series ECU re-flash
Achim

2005 Honda Civic TypeR (EP3) from Romania

Post by Achim »

Hello,

I'm the proud owner of a 2005 Honda Civic TypeR (as I said in the thread's title). The car has approx 23k km (about 16k miles) and has got ProFlex suspensions, BMC CDA intake and soon an Invidia replica catback and decat pipe.

I'm from Romania (EU), and I wondered how can I get a Hondata reflash? I know that the best solution is the K-Pro ECU, but the lower price on the reflash got me thinking.
'05 Honda Civic TypeR ::: B 69204 :::
'06 Honda Accord 2.0 ::: B 112634 :::
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

There is no reflash avalable for the Euro CTR. Your only options will be the K-Pro or K100, but I would advise against the k100 as you will still have to pay for dyno time to tune it and will not be able to ever make changes on your own.
Achim

Post by Achim »

Ok... and what are the differences (money like) between K100 and K-Pro? How can I get the in Romania, or near? I know there's a Hondata dealer in Greece and one in Germany...
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

YOur best bet would be to contact the dealer closest to you. In the end you will spend about the same amount and if you get the K-Pro you have the ability to make changes yourself.
Achim

Post by Achim »

Yeah... i know that ;) So... can u lead me to the nearest dealer? I did some research myself but I think that a double check wouldn't harm anyone...

I also have some alternatives. At the beginning of november, I have a trip planned to Germany (southern side, Munich). If I take the ECU and the imobilisers off my car, can they do the trick? (I know that with the car on the dyno the results can be up to 20% better, but... :oops: )