Need help with the K-Pro

Questions / support for the K-Series ECU re-flash
WilsonC

Need help with the K-Pro

Post by WilsonC »

Hi.. i haven't purchased this product yet but i'm planning on getting a k-pro.

i'm just really confused about how this works... I send in my ECU then they reflash it?? and add some stuff??

can someone explain to me how this k-pro thing works..

i know i should read the site.. i've read it many times.. some how i'm still not getting it.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Is your question about the reflash, or the K-Pro....they are 2 separate things?
WilsonC

Post by WilsonC »

i guess both the Kpro and the reflash..
FrequentFlyer

Post by FrequentFlyer »

If you want the reflash, you have to send your factory ECU, immobilizer and key to Hondata and they will reprogram it with a modified map. This is a one time deal and basically a 3 day process. Overnight your ECU to them, they get it and usually reflash and send it out overnight the same day. So, you're without an RSX for about 3 days.

The Kpro is a user programmable ECU. If you have an '02-04, you will have to send in your ECU much like the reflash, but there is more labor involved as they physically modify the ECU to communicate with a PC via USB. If you have an '05-06, you will need to buy an '02-04 ECU (preferably used to save $$) because the '05-06 ECU cannot be modified into a Kpro. You will also need an '02-04 O2 sensor for this to work.

So again, the reflash is a one shot deal and the Kpro pretty much gives you endless tuning possibilities.
2005 VBP RSX Type S
WilsonC

Post by WilsonC »

I see so.. overall if i don't mind spending money for endless tuning i should go with the K-Pro.

The reprogramming part... I get the program and is it stupid proof?? Are there guides? or do i have to get some hondata expert to come and tune it?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Download the software and check it out then you see exactly how it works. It is in the download section of the website.