Re: Reflash for 05 TSX Auto

Questions / support for the K-Series ECU re-flash
DoItInTheBackSeatOfMyTSX

Re: Reflash for 05 TSX Auto

Post by DoItInTheBackSeatOfMyTSX »

Hello Hondata, just a question whether or not if theres ever gonna be a Reflash for my 2005 TSX w/ AUTO transmission?

If so When will it be available?

Cause i really want one.

:D
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

In short we do not know if we will ever be able to reflash to 05 Auto. If we do anything, it will be on the TSX reflash page.
Hondata
tsx604

Post by tsx604 »

Is it possible to use a 2004 TSX AT ECU, immobilizer, and key to make this work?

Will it cause any problems for the car's functioning?

Thanks.
TheMirror

Post by TheMirror »

Any update on this? Curious as to what the hurdles are exactly with this particular model and transmission combo. So far, the only way around it seems to be retrofit a 2004 ECU and have your keys reprogrammed....

Thanks,
-Mirror
Hondata wrote:In short we do not know if we will ever be able to reflash to 05 Auto. If we do anything, it will be on the TSX reflash page.
EuroR

Post by EuroR »

I'm also very curious if there are any new news towards 2005 Auto Reflash for TSX
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Hondata wrote:If we do anything, it will be on the TSX reflash page.
EuroR

Post by EuroR »

Not that... I'm talking about any progress on the 05 AT reflash. Seems like this one is abandonned... :(
ToDa Dc5

Post by ToDa Dc5 »

Any update? Has anyone tried doing the '04 ecu in their '05 auto yet?? Let me know if this works or not. I WANT A SUPERCHARGER
CCTSX

Post by CCTSX »

Toda Dc5, yes this works as I've tried it. I have an 05 TSX 5AT and I had the comptech supercharger on it with an 04 ecu. There were no issues with that. However, I recently removed the kit and I am selling it. I plan to trade my car in soon.
ToDa Dc5

Post by ToDa Dc5 »

CCTSX wrote:Toda Dc5, yes this works as I've tried it. I have an 05 TSX 5AT and I had the comptech supercharger on it with an 04 ecu. There were no issues with that. However, I recently removed the kit and I am selling it. I plan to trade my car in soon.
Any chance you would sell me just the ecu?
Rice79burner

Post by Rice79burner »

CCTSX wrote:Toda Dc5, yes this works as I've tried it. I have an 05 TSX 5AT and I had the comptech supercharger on it with an 04 ecu. There were no issues with that. However, I recently removed the kit and I am selling it. I plan to trade my car in soon.
Dude I'm also intrested in that reflashed ecu your willing to sell.
How much?
jamesveale

04' ECU in 05' AT TSX

Post by jamesveale »

Toda Dc5 - can you tell me every part I would need todo this? I have an 05' AT TSX. Can I get the ECU from my local dealer? Any add'l parts I need to buy? Can the dealership send off the ECU and have it Reflashed?

Thanks!
xjohnkdoex

Post by xjohnkdoex »

all you need to do is get an 04 ecu, find a place on hondata's dealer's list that does the reflash, send it in for reflash.

once you get it back, you'll need to find an acura dealership that will synch your immobilizer and key to the newly reflashed ecu (for a cost, if they're willing to even do it). once they're synched, you just put the ecu and immobilizer back in/on, and you're good. all the directions for removing and reinstalling the ecu/immobilizer are on the hondata page here.

if you're getting the comptech supercharger, i think there is a different reflash for that that's part of the whole supercharger kit.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

ECUs cannot be reflashed if the key and immobilizer is not matched to that ecu.
xjohnkdoex

Post by xjohnkdoex »

my mistake. does the synching come first, then the reflash?