FYI...HEAT SHIELD FOR K SERIES

Questions / support for the K-Series ECU re-flash
jbs06si

FYI...HEAT SHIELD FOR K SERIES

Post by jbs06si »

GREAT PRODUCT but please up-date the instruction for the new k series.With out removing the whole pass. side of the block its almost impossible to remove the intake.Some steps are not the same as the instruction sheet that is sent with the shield.Anyone who does this set up there is alot of grinding that needs to be done just to get the intake off.
JBofMD
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Removing the passenger side of the block? Grinding? What are you doing? Are you removing the intake manifold studs first?
Hondata
jbs06si

Post by jbs06si »

when i say the side of the block i;m talking about where the tensioner and pully's are,the bracket that holds the tensioner on has a 45 degree shaved out already and i had to shave it down more in order to remove the intake.In reference to the studs they only turned 1 1/2 turns and locked so i was not able to remove.Hope this helps
JBofMD
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If you double nut the studs, you can completely remove them. You should not have to do any grinding or removing of any of the tentioners or brackets. The only things you need to remove are the supports on the bottom of the manifold. It sounds like you may need to take this to a professional mechanic as you may be in over your head a little.