Quick question on 06 Si Reflash

Questions / support for the K-Series ECU re-flash
SonicK20Z

Quick question on 06 Si Reflash

Post by SonicK20Z »

Quick question, I saw on the description for the chart that included the RH, and not just the intake and IMG. It says:
"The following dyno chart is for an 06 Civic Si with a DC Sports header, Injen intake and Hondata Heatshield gasket. The only change from the green to the blue dyno run was a change from the stock ECU program to the Hondata reflash."
Does this mean you did NOT use an aftermarket catback or modified exhaust? You ran the DC race header and factory catback?

Also, I noticed that it says you ran an Injen intake? Was it a short ram? I don't see a CAI on their website, so I assume it was the Injen short ram. But then on the other dyno chart below it says you used an AEM CAI.

If you could answer these questions for me I would very greatly appreciate it and it would help me make a decision, thanks!
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

We used a DC race header and stock cat back.

We used both the AEM and Injen (short ram), in different dyno tests.
Hondata
SonicK20Z

Post by SonicK20Z »

excellent, that was exactly what I wanted to know, thanks for your quick response. I would guess it is safe to assume that with a better flowing catback exhaust we would see a slight gain in addition to what is already shown.

Last question. In your testing, between the short ram (Injen) and the CAI (AEM), did you note any major differences? Was there a reason you chose to pair the short ram with the race header as opposed to the CAI? what were the differences in loss or gain between the two when paired with the RH or without the race header.

Thanks again for your help.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Many cat-backs lose power. Be careful.

The Injen made more power than the AEM on the dyno. However, since the Injen is a hot air intake you would have to do timed runs to see if there was any difference.

A Greek magazine www.powermag.gr had an excellent article a few months back where they tested a dozen intakes, both on the dyno and time to speed for different speed ranges. Some intakes made power on the dyno but were slower on the street, some intakes lost power and ran faster. Some lost power and were slower than stock. Of course, the best intake made power and ran faster...
Hondata
jbs06si

Post by jbs06si »

Question??? I am looking into getting your new re-flash for my 06 civic si and i have done some engine mod's to it already..ie AEM long tube intake and Greddy EVO cat-back exhaust.Will i gain HP by doing the re-flash or is it going to hurt me with what i have done already,im only asking because you said some mod's will hurt you so im wondering if i chose the right mod's so far? Thanks...

JB from MD
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

You will make gains in the mid range from a lower VTEC, and possibly elsewhere. The only way to know for sure is to dyno before and after.
Hondata
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You will only know once you get the reflash and dyno the car. You should do before and after dyno runs.
jbs06si

Post by jbs06si »

thank you for your help.
JBofMD