Reflash and mods?

Questions / support for the K-Series ECU re-flash
clubsi

Reflash and mods?

Post by clubsi »

I know this question has been asked alot, but I have yet to find a definitive answer about it. Let me start buy saying that I understand that every car is different and every mod effects each car in a different way, but what I am concerned about is the basic effect a reflash will have on a 02 civic si with a CAI/DC shorty header/and a GREDDY cat back exhaust?
Will the car lean out due to the header and exhaust? If it is a little lean how exagerated will the condition be with the advanced timing or will the fuel be adjusted for that? Does the reflash also tune for part throttle driving? Will the car run and accelerate smoother in closed loop operation or does the reflash only work in open loop operation? Basicaly, are the cam,ignition,fuel tables adjusted for both modes of the ECU? What are the chances of detonation with warm weather, or does the flahed ECU operate like the stock one as far as adjusting the timing and fuel for the air temp and other factors? Is there a flash for the Si k20a3 with the stock rev limit or something less than 7700? What I'm hoping is that the reflash is a more aggresive tune of the stock ECU that will take advantage of my mods and smooth out the engine with out harming it. Any input would be appreciated.
-Jim