If you get the Reflash, can you put bolt on?

Questions / support for the K-Series ECU re-flash
DLRoze83

If you get the Reflash, can you put bolt on?

Post by DLRoze83 »

I am looking in to getting the reflash, my question is If i get the reflash will i be able to add on aftermarker parts like Cam Gears, headers, fuel rail...etc! I need to know ASAP!!!!!

Thanks
Razathorn

Post by Razathorn »

cam gears: no... and why would you want to, isn't that where the VTC is at, giving you the ability to rotate the cam advance?

headers: to some degree, race headers can make you lean out for a bit in the mid range. I have heard that shorty headers are fine. I got lean cut when running with the equiv of #4 with my kpro using a jackson race header and high flow cat with stock exhaust.

fuel rail: I don't know about this one. Why would you put on another fuel rail unless you were adding boost and going beyond the abilities of the stock fuel system. In such a case, the reflash would be totally wrong since the ignition is WAY to advanced for nitrous and boost. Other than that, if the fuel rail didn't change the actual pressure at the injector, I wouldn't think it would hurt... but I don't know for sure on this one -- I don't suggest it that's for sure.

I don't work for hondata so this is just going off of my experience and knowledge as a fellow k-series owner.
Razathorn

Post by Razathorn »

Correction: I didn't get lean cut until I had aftermarket 2.75" exhaust with 3" muffler.