Will a dealer be able to detect my K20A3 reflash?

Questions / support for the K-Series ECU re-flash
civicgsir

Will a dealer be able to detect my K20A3 reflash?

Post by civicgsir »

I am having to bring my car to Honda for an oil leak issue, & i am worried that they will refuse to fix it because of the reflash. I believe the leak to be a failed oil pump.

Will they be able to detect the reflash?

I barely even utilize the additional revs except a few times at a couple auto-x's last season. This is the only thing i could think that would cause my oil pump failure, but like i said, if i have to rev it, it doesn't past 7k usually.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

From the FAQ:

Federal law sets forth requirements for warranties and contains a number of provisions to prevent vehicle manufacturers, dealers and others from unjustly denying warranty coverage. With regard to aftermarket parts, the gist of the law is that warranty coverage cannot be denied simply because such parts are present on the vehicle, or have been used. (see Federal Warranty Laws for details). The warranty coverage can be denied only if the aftermarket part caused the malfunction or damage for which warranty coverage is sought.

If a dealership denies warranty coverage (more details here) , they should be willing to do so in writing. Have the dealer describe the failure which is causing your problem AND how the dealer believes the aftermarket product installed is responsible for the problem. Keep an accurate log of all contacts and correspondence in addressing the warranty denial. Hondata will provide any technical information the dealership requires.

Search for the Moss Magnuson Act
Hondata