ECU reflash with head swap

Questions / support for the K-Series ECU re-flash
Blue03CivicSi

ECU reflash with head swap

Post by Blue03CivicSi »

I have a 2003 USDM Civic Si, but am consideriing installing a K20A2 head from an RSX Type-S. My question is: since the Type-S head is designed for higher RPMs, would I be better off with the Civic Si program, or the RXS Type-S program? Should I send in the ECU from my Civic, or should I send in an RSX-S ECU? If I do this, I will also be installing a CAI (most likely an AEM V2) and I currently have an HKS Hi-Power catback exhaust (but may be upgrading to a full-titanium exhaust later on...not that it really matters). Also, should I use the stock K20A2 fuel injectors or should I upgrade? I don't have any plans for a turbo or supercharger anytime soon, by the way. Anyway, thanks for any help you can give me!

Oh, one more thing...I live in southern Indiana and the nearest Hondata dealer is in Ohio...what is the best way to do this?
Blue03CivicSi

Post by Blue03CivicSi »

Anybody?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Use the K20A2 calibration and K20A2 injectors. If you plan to change to the 6 speed transmission use the RSX ECU, otherwise it doesn't matter which ECU you use.
Hondata
Blue03CivicSi

Post by Blue03CivicSi »

Eventually, yes, I will want the six-speed transmission...but it may be a while since it is going to be rather expensive. Would you suggest buying the transmission before I decide on what ECU to use, or should I go ahead and get an RSX ECU flashed and installed in my car ahead of time?