Running 8 injectors but only 4 on at a time w/hondata ?

Questions / support for the K-Series ECU re-flash
drewce

Running 8 injectors but only 4 on at a time w/hondata ?

Post by drewce »

I was trying to find information on this but i couldn't seem to find anything when searching. So Im going Turbo with a built motor k20 and plan on making around 5-550hp on the street on 94 but i wanted the option to make more reliable power on the street if i ever need to(6-700). My original plan was to use the flex fuel sensor and run E50(50% 94 and 50% E85) Since we dont carry it locally at the pumps driving with straight e85 was out the question. After hearing from a few people that running that mix is dangerous i thought about a different option. Running 2 completely separate fuel rails 4 injectors on at a time. one set for pump gas and one for set Straight e85 or race gas.

So my question is this is it possible with hondata to be driving with 4 injectors on and 4 off and thsn when needed to switch to the bigger injectors or vice vera with like on a switch or ?

Also for the bigger injectors and rail id be running a separate fuel cell upfront with the return going back to the fuel cell only.

I was trying to find information on this but i couldn't seem to find anything when searching only thing i found was being able to run 8 injectors on at a time as long as it was for a short period of time (drag racing) Thanks !!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Running 8 injectors but only 4 on at a time w/hondata ?

Post by Spunkster »

We have the injector Driver which can allow staged injection:
https://www.hondata.com/?_route_=injector-driver

You can also run a flex fuel sensor that will allow you to run any mixture of ethanol you want:
http://www.hondata.com/help/kmanager/fl ... htsub=flex
drewce

Post by drewce »

Ah I thought that injector driver was to run 8 injectors on at the same time only, nice. So I can switch between either injector set with a switch ? And is there any other way to turn on a set of injectors and turn off the others without that box ?

I'm aware of the ethonal sensor I was just told for my power levels you should be running straight e85 or race gas.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You should read the help file for the injector Driver as it can explain exactly how it works.
https://www.hondata.com/help/injectordriver/index.html
drewce

Post by drewce »

Ok so to answer my original question the answer is no since primary injectors are always running ? Doesn't mention if I'm able to completely turn off primary injectors to run just secondary
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

No you cannot completely turn of the primary injectors. There is no easy way of doing what you are describing.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

After hearing from a few people that running that mix is dangerous
How so? Dangerous for the engine or dangerous for the fuel system.

If you really want to run two fuel systems, which is a lot of extra work (fuel pump, tank, lines, fuel rail, injectors), then run 410 cc primary injectors on 94 and 800 cc secondary injectors on E85 (E50 would also work). Switch on the secondary injectors at 5 psi. That way you will get better fuel economy that E50.

Otherwise just run the ethanol sensor and have a high / low boost setting or use ethanol boost compensation.
Hondata