Reflash 4 vs Kpro K20a2 CAI tune

Questions / support for the K-Series ECU re-flash
dudenhymer

Reflash 4 vs Kpro K20a2 CAI tune

Post by dudenhymer »

I'm curious. Is the CAI tune that is supplied with Kpro more aggressive than Reflash 4 or are they pretty much the same thing?
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Reflash 4 vs Kpro K20a2 CAI tune

Post by Hondata »

Both the reflash and KPro calibration were made on the dyno, but a different times. The reflash was primarily made to work on a stock engine and stock with CAI, whereas the KPro calibration was made for a CAI. Both were tuned on the dyno, and both were optimally tuned for the engine setups.
"aggressive" is not useful term for engine tuning. Assuming that more 'aggressive' means more ignition advance (I can't think what else it might mean) then it does not make sense because it is possible to have a calibration with less ignition than is closer to knock, and so the less 'aggressive' tune in timing is 'more aggressive'.
Hondata
dudenhymer

Re: Reflash 4 vs Kpro K20a2 CAI tune

Post by dudenhymer »

Yes, timing. Over the past several weeks I've been trying to decide whether to get the reflash or full Kpro (I decided Kpro, ECU should be there sometime today). I read time and time again on different forums that the Kals included with Kpro are all fairly aggressive so timing will likely need to be dialed back to eliminate knock. My only mod so far is CAI.