Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: TSX ECU Reflash Question

Post by Spunkster »

There is no record of this ECU
kvang13

Post by kvang13 »

Thank you! I went through King's Motorsports. It's now on its way to get reflash. Send my regards to Matt.
kvang13

Post by kvang13 »

Okay my ECU was sent on Monday, and it got there yesterday. For some reason it's just sitting at the post office in Torrence, CA. I am checking to see if I sent it to the right address.

Please confirm if this is the correct address:

Hondata, Inc.
2840 Columbia St.
Torrance, CA 90503

So have you guys receive the package? Please advise! Thank you!
kvang13

Post by kvang13 »

Also, on the Reflash Form. Why does it say to include a $175 check if all payment is conducted via the dealer? I called my dealer, and they said to not include any payment because I already paid them the full price already? This is confusing, because you guys state that all payment transactions must be conducted via a dealer, yet you guys tell people to include $175 check? This is contradicting and confusing, perhaps this issue should be address in the next form?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The $175 is for those upgrading from a previous reflash.

It was received very late yesterday and should ship back out today
kvang13

Post by kvang13 »

Thanks for the quick reply.

Oh I see now. So Hondata upgrades their reflashes from time to time then? And if someone (whom already reflashed their ECU once) wanted to upgrade their reflash to the latest version than that would be the option they choose?
That makes so much sense now, thanks for clearing that up for me.

I also found out that USPS tracking is totally unreliable for what it is, I'm used to UPS/FEDEX tracking methods which provides live up to date, accurate to the second detailed tracking. It's funny because as of this moment USPS still says the package I sent you guys is "Out for Delivery" when you guys already received it yesterday. Thanks again for clearing that mess for me too. Will not be using USPS ever again!

Anyway, since you mentioned that the ECU will ship out today, I'm assuming it's already on its way and I shall be receiving it tomorrow, if not Friday.

Thanks a bunch!
kvang13

Post by kvang13 »

Okay so I got the ECU installed back onto my car.

Is it normal for the Maintenance Light to blink 3 times everytime I start the car up?

Other than that, I have no complaints, I do notice the difference in power and the car is more fun to drive, especially in 1st and 2nd! The tires would break lose and VSA would come on. Think I need to get wider/stickier tires now as I have surpassed the traction limits of my cheap economy tires! Very impressed with the Reflash!

Will the car get even faster with time as the ECU adjust?

It's so amazing how the difference is like night and day! Before the car did not want to rev much, now I can rev to almost 8K! and the Car feels like it can go higher!! It just revs so easy now! It's like I installed a supercharger or something!!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Look in your owner's manual for info about the maintenance light.