ENGINE IDLES @ 600 RPMS WHEN COLD ON 2 OCCASIONS ALREADY...

Questions / support for the K-Series ECU re-flash
russdogg211

ENGINE IDLES @ 600 RPMS WHEN COLD ON 2 OCCASIONS ALREADY...

Post by russdogg211 »

I've had my Hondata reflash # 2 setup for almost 3 months now and I love it! You guys are amazing! But I've had a problem 2 times already ever since getting the reflash done and was wondering if you guys could help. Both times the problem occured in the morning, but not too cold (southern California weather). I'd start my car and instead of idling at approximately 1,800 rpms (which it usually does), it just sat at about 600 rpms and stalled a few times. I tried giving it enough gas to give it a constant rev at 1,800 rpms for a couple minutes and it dropped back down to 600 rpms and stalled a few times. After a few minutes, I started it back up and let it idle at 600 rpms while checking for obvious signs like my intake being obstructed or my exhaust having something in it or a vacuum leak, but nothing. So I figured maybe my injectors might be slightly clogged, so I drove it up the street and it stalled at the stop sign. I then let it warm up enough to let the i-VTEC engage to see if it still worked and it did, and by doing so it fixed the problem. Everything was normal again. I went out and got some Valvoline fuel injector and system cleaner just to make sure, and that was about 2 months ago. It then happened again this morning, so I let it warm up enough to drive it around and engage the i-VTEC and it solved the problem once again and everything is back to normal. Could the fuel maps possibly cause my ECU to glitch like this "once in a blue moon" or is the Hondata reflash totally NOT the problem? Like I said, it's never happened until I got the reflash. I've used Chevron 91 octane since day one, I utilized Valvoline fuel injector cleaner, and I take extremely good care of my car. I thought about my fuel filter, but I doubt it's that. Maybe my injectors got clogged up again and engaging the i-VTEC again helped unclog them. I don't know. I always keep my gas tank filled at least 1/4 full, too. I also thoug
ht about my throttle cable being loose at idle, but then again the ECU keeps it at 1800 rpms when cold, right? What do you guys think? Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks!... :?