Reflash may have gotten corrupted

Questions / support for the K-Series ECU re-flash
daje00

Reflash may have gotten corrupted

Post by daje00 »

I think the reflash i have on my 05 rsx type s may have gotten corrupted somehow. I purchased the car already reflashed and i want to know if hondata could do the reflash again for me. I will pay shipping both ways, please advise me on what to do from here. I think the reflash is corrupted becuase the car is not running like it did before. The car feels really sluggish above 3000 rpms and when vtec hits it bogs down like crazy. I had a mechanic at honda diagnose it and he said it seems to be a fuel issue although there are no cel codes. I replaced the fuel pump and it is still doing the same thing. The car idles smooth and revs smooth when parked but bogs at full throttle or when under load.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Reflash may have gotten corrupted

Post by Spunkster »

A reflash cannot get correpted. What is the serial number on the side of the ECU?
daje00

Post by daje00 »

That's not what i've been told, i actually know two different people with reflash and /or k-pro and their maps got messed up for no apparent reason. I'm sure you know more about this stuff than i do but it is definatley seems like an ecu problem. I'm going to try a friend's kpro ecu in the car and see if it runs any better. At that point i will definitely know if it's an ecu problem. I will pull out the ecu tomorrow and get you the serial number. Thanks for your reply.!!
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

A reflash cannot get corrupted in a working ECU.
Hondata
daje00

Post by daje00 »

Here are the numbers on the ECU
37820 PRB A13
1589-300195

Let's say it is a problem with the ECU itself and not the program, if i have to get my ecu replaced,will you reflash the new one for free ? I have no problem sending in the old one to you to prove that i'm not try to scam you guys.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You need to put the vehicle on the dyno and see what the power and Air fuel ratios are doing.