K20A3-auto ECU Reflash

Questions / support for the K-Series ECU re-flash
DJB_74

K20A3-auto ECU Reflash

Post by DJB_74 »

Seriously thinking of getting my 2003 RSX base auto reflashed, but I have some questions. 1) Planning on getting RH, RBC IM, Injen CAI, & Custom Exhasut done as well. Should I get these "bolt-on's" before I get the reflash? Or can I get the reflash and then add the bolt-on's?
Thx all, just wanting to know before money get's spent.

Also I know most folks dump on us auto folks, but I am just trying to get as much bang out of my car as I possibly can before having to do a full K24 engine drop, so any help on the topic I would appreciate. I'm here to learn not get jumped on by the knuckleheads.

Thank you
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: K20A3-auto ECU Reflash

Post by Spunkster »

The reflash is not designed for changing manifolds.
DJB_74

Post by DJB_74 »

Oh okay, good to know.
So is this particular reflash just for the RH, and CAI only? Or say if I did add, a custom exhaust, RH, CAI and IM would I then need to look at trying a "duel" ECU set up and get the full K-Pro?
I've asked a few people that already have K=Pro's running in the Auto RSX and they claim it is possible, even though I know Hondata does not support set-ups such as that?
Just want to know if I want spend the $300 for the reflash or save for the K-Pro instead so I can add the bolt-on's I want.

Any info is as always appreciated.

Thank you
DJB_74

Post by DJB_74 »

To anyone,
I'm still thinking of getting a reflash, even though it's not recommended for after market intakes? What I wanted to ask is, if I was to run a "duel ECU" set up, would a reflashed K20A3 ECU work with a "K-Pro'd" PND ECU in tandem? Even if there was the correct pact harness connected?
Now I already know the HONDATA does not make K-pro for Auto transmission K-Series, but regardless I know a some that have done this set-up with the K20A3 with no issues other than getting a fabbed up harness.
Anyway, anyone able to give any kind of insight on this "possible, or not possibility"?

Many thx
DJB_74

Post by DJB_74 »

^^^^Above^^^^
Anyone???
No one has any insight on this???

As mentioned I know K-Pro is not for "Auto" Trans, but could this be a possibility? There quite a few running "duel" ECU's on the K20A3??