My K24Z7 Baseline and ReFlashed Dyno Results Question

Questions / support for the K-Series ECU re-flash
Utah 12' Si Swag

My K24Z7 Baseline and ReFlashed Dyno Results Question

Post by Utah 12' Si Swag »

Hello, So I have a 2012 Civic Si. I did by baseline Dyno a couple weeks ago and my Hondata ECU ReFlash Dyno today. I was disappointed by the results. Below are the results. Any input would be appreciated.

Stock Baseline Dyno: 3 Pulls and all consistent. My best was 177.8whp and 150.8 ft-lbs torque.

Hondata ReFlash Dyno: 3 Pulls and Consistent. My best was 179.8whp an d 150.8 ft-lbs torque

The 2nd chart shows also shows the graph comparison of the two. I like how my car drives but only a 2hp gain and torque the same?
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: My K24Z7 Baseline and ReFlashed Dyno Results Question

Post by Hondata »

Have you changed the intake? What else has been altered on the vehicle? Are you significantly above sea level?

What were the AF plots like between each run? The stock tune runs incredibly rich at high rpm and I'm surprised that the dyno does not show a gain there. But then, I've never seen a dyno plot with so much smoothing as the two you have posted.
Hondata
Utah 12' Si Swag

Ogden's elevation varies at around 4300 ft above sea level. The altitude of Utah is about 1319 meters (4327 feet)

No alterations or bolt on's. Just had a Stock Dyno run and then a ReFlash Dyno run. (3 Pulls a Piece)

My Dyno Runs were done at Element Racing in Ogden, UT. Jerom is the guy who runs the place and he was surprised that the gain was only 2hp. I see subtle improvements through out the graphs. But I did expect more HP and Torque. I wasn't expecting to gain 20+ whp per the website but it would have been nice surprise. I'm not sure on the AF plots, But my car cant be tuned so just stock and whatever the ReFlash is set at.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Can you email support@hondata.com with the part number and serial number from your ECU? Pretty much all the numbers/letters after 38720 on the ECU label.
Hondata
Utah 12' Si Swag

I just e-mailed you guys my ECU number and put my user name in the subject line.

Thanks,
SI-PR-12

Post by SI-PR-12 »

Utah have you got any answers from hondata yet?
Utah 12' Si Swag

They e-mailed me and said . . . They are going to do a dyno on their car and get back to me by tomorrow.

So they have my ECU number and they are going to do a dyno. It's not my actual ECU so I don't know what to think. Just going to wait and see what they say.
Utah 12' Si Swag

Just to keep everyone updated.

Hondata Support e-mail me this morning and are running tests today. Hondata does not have my actual ECU but they asked for my ECU number.

I don't know if the whole ReFlash didn’t take or what not. But I'm hoping for good/positive news. Hondata is a very reputable company and they are on the ball to see what happened.
Dooum

Post by Dooum »

Waiting impatiently for the results, let us know Utah when you receive news from them. Thanks !
Utah 12' Si Swag

No update yet.

What's funny is there are 288 views on here. But on the Civic Forum that I'm on there is over 6k views in 1 week. A LOT of people are impatiently waiting. Lol. I'm doing my best to be patient and optimistic!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The additional power from the reflash is generated by modifying the fuel, ignition and cam angle. There are 10 tuning air pressure positions from sea level to vacuum. Hondata tunes at sea level.

As you rise in altitude, the air pressure reduces. This does not affect the fuel and cam angle changes, but it does affect the ignition changes . At around 8000 feet altitude there is no difference between the ignition timing for a stock and a reflashed ECU. At around 3700 feet, the ignition changes are a around half that of sea level.

Altitude changes do not affect the improvement Hondata has made to rev hang.
MattRSX-S

Post by MattRSX-S »

Spunkster wrote:The additional power from the reflash is generated by modifying the fuel, ignition and cam angle. There are 10 tuning air pressure positions from sea level to vacuum. Hondata tunes at sea level.

As you rise in altitude, the air pressure reduces. This does not affect the fuel and cam angle changes, but it does affect the ignition changes . At around 8000 feet altitude there is no difference between the ignition timing for a stock and a reflashed ECU. At around 3700 feet, the ignition changes are a around half that of sea level.

so you are saying at sea level you should get the gains they claim? and even if that made sense he should be gaining around half since hes 4k above sea level. yet he said he got 2hp but by his graphs he went from 177.7 to 178.5 which is 0.8hp. I was pretty sure i was about to buy this reflash for my 2012 si coupe and even though where i live is only 300ft above sea level but now im not too sure i want to buy this unless i see some other people actually getting somewhere close to the numbers that were claimed
Utah 12' Si Swag

Spunkster wrote:The additional power from the reflash is generated by modifying the fuel, ignition and cam angle. There are 10 tuning air pressure positions from sea level to vacuum. Hondata tunes at sea level.

I was just informed by Hondata Support that this is there answer/response to my Intial E-Mail.
bfree 9th si

Post by bfree 9th si »

OK, so if i get this reflash for my 12 si and im at sea level
what shoud i see? (with no mods) and what if i did do mods after the reflash will that be good or bad?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Have you read the information on our website?

http://www.hondata.com/reflash_civicsi_2012.html