Hondata s300 V1 redlight on D1

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
abhominal

Hondata s300 V1 redlight on D1

Post by abhominal »

I bought a used p28 ECU with a Hondata version 1 s300 a week ago and have had no issues until recently, after parking my car coming home from work I go to start it and it just cranks I see a red light appear on D1 and a green light on R11. Upon plugging it into Smanager I can still upload my calibrations and looking at the "Online" option everything seems fine memory looks normal etc. I have already tried erasing it and reuploading a new calibration but the red light still remains on D1 and my car will just crank. Is this just an ECU problem or possible battery issue with the hondata chip? One of my capacitors has appeared to leak on the board some. Sadly I don't have any other ECU's or another car to test anything on. I just want to make sure before spending money on an upgrade because I can get a socketed ECU cheaper. I attached a picture of the leaking ECU capacitor. Would this be enough leakage to corrupt the board? I've never taken the cover off until now.

Hondata Serial: S300-8688
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Hondata s300 V1 redlight on D1

Post by Hondata »

The capacitor is definitely a problem.

Given their age, all OBDI ECUs need their capacitors replaced.
Hondata
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Hondata s300 V1 redlight on D1

Post by Spunkster »