Hondata P28 ecu ?

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
Mr.Dread

Hondata P28 ecu ?

Post by Mr.Dread »

I have a 2000 honda prelude with an auto to manual tranny swap. The guy who did this never swapped the ecu for a m/t ecu. I recently found a dealer out side of miami who are selling a hondata p28 ecu. I've heard some things about this ecu such as its for non vtec applications only and wanted to clear that up before purchasing. i was also wondering if it would be a "plug-n-play" or if i would have to get a tune before i could use it. I already tried emailing this dealer and have yet to get any kind of response. If anyone could give me any insight on this product it would help me out alot!!!!!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Hondata P28 ecu ?

Post by Spunkster »

Is this just an ECU, or does it have a Hondata system installed in it, and if so, what Hondata system does it have?
Mr.Dread

Post by Mr.Dread »

It says its a Hondata P28 ecu presocketed for use with the s300 heres the link to the dealer. http://ajperformance.com/store/tuning/hondata-p28-ecu/
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Is there a USB port? What is the serial number that is on the s300 board inside the ECU?
Mr.Dread

Post by Mr.Dread »

There is none its just a P28 ecu that is preped to fit the s300. It has a notch cut out of the side where the usb port would go after installation of the s300.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You would need to purchase an s300 to be able to use this with your setup and then it would have to be properly tuned.
Mr.Dread

Post by Mr.Dread »

awesome thanks for the help!