Stock Fuel Pressure regulator
- RC 550 injectors
- DC headers
- K&N air filter
- Hondata heatshield intake gasket
- Tuned by Hondata
- This tune was mostly done with about 7-8 hours street tuning using a
wideband lambda meter. The base fuel maps used were those from a F22
with 550 injectors which ensured the car started and ran. The
street/wideband tuning was 100 % successful as any fueling changes on
the dyno resulted in a loss of power. Look for a future article on
street/wideband tuning. The dyno was essential for the ignition timing
though, removing one power dip and allowing total timing to be reduced
for a small reduction in power and increase in reliability.
- This tuning took a total of 6 dyno pulls, two of which were finding
out that adding or removing fuel made no improvement to the power.
Three runs were altering ignition and one lowering the VTEC point to
- A lot of ignition tuning was done allowing this car to pull from
1000 rpm at full throttle in 5th gear without a hint of detonation. By
1100 rpm, this car had 3lb bf boost.
- This car starts first turn of the key and is very smooth at all rev
and load positions. It is a lot of fun to drive and very difficult to
break traction unless suddenly flooring it in first gear
- This car ran 10lb boost with a very flat boost curve. The small
diameter of the collector (looked like about 2 &1/4) went through
three diameter changes in about 18 inches. Attention here would
- Freeway cruise intake temps were about 140-150F , but between dyno
runs the the intake temps would rapidly drop to about 105-115 F due in
part to the Heatshield gasket reducing heatsoak from the head. During
the dyno run the temps would climb from about 110-150 F.
- The stock prelude pistons have thin ring lands which tend to
collapse under pressure. Forged pistons are recommended.
- The 550cc injectors were needed as they ran to 80 percent duty
cycle. Although an aftermarket fuel pump was used, the stock prelude
fuel pump will easily handle 300 wheel hp at 40 psi.
- This tuning file here could be used as a starting point for NA and
turbo H22 engines with 550 injectors.